cat converters

M

mr runmachine

hello: Can anyone tell me if it would hurt my 1996 Disco SE7 if I were to cut the cat converters off and weld in pipe strait to muffler? I can't afford new cat converters at this time and I am aware of the OXI censors and I'll remove them when I'm welding and I'm also aware of the legalities an such, but i'm in a pinch thanks

T

Todd Nash

Have you tried them?

Mike,
Have you actually tried these on a DI? Do they make the CE light happy?

Just wondering, I just went thru this myself, and ended up with the Y pipe and cats off a wrecked Disco. I may end up in the same situation in a few days/weeks/months again.

But, it was hard to get the new Y pipe for $1500 from the dealer, or even $560 online when the wrecked part cost $35. Its not so much the money, but keeping my wife from killing me for having a Discovery that breaks all the time.

Nash

D

Disco Mike

Nash, No, I haven't tried this site but a good friend sent me the info after trying and he had great results, i have since pass it on to others and they also seem to be pleased with the selection and the results.
They hac the correct cat size for anything.
Mike J.

M

mr runmachine

thanks Mike on cat advice

Thanks Mike I'll give it a wirl that's a great price I can live with :D

Gordo

Summit Racing cats

I went to Midas and paid 600 bucks to have new cats put in but a buddy of mine got 2 1/4 inch cats from Summit Racing (CTO-6905* Universal Catalytic Converter) for 60 bucks each and put them in. I dont know if they still make them or sell them but I bought a set myself about a year ago for my brother in law's truck but we havent installed them yet. Do it right it wont be that bad. You can toss a cheap aftermarket muffler in too. Gordo