Oldest one alive?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I don't know if it's a sign that the original design was so far ahead of its time or that Rover engineers never bothered to keep up after introduction, but the fact that for 25 years the interior and exterior saw so few changes must be almost unique in the automotive world. Except for the Trabant or Beetle.

I look at that late sixties prototype and think "That looks pretty sweet. Hey, that interior looks pretty close to my 1990 Rangie."

RRC is my all time favorite car design. It deserved to be in the Louvre.

Tugela said:
I don't know if it's a sign that the original design was so far ahead of its time or that Rover engineers never bothered to keep up after introduction, but the fact that for 25 years the interior and exterior saw so few changes must be almost unique in the automotive world. Except for the Trabant or Beetle.

I look at that late sixties prototype and think "That looks pretty sweet. Hey, that interior looks pretty close to my 1990 Rangie."

RRC is my all time favorite car design. It deserved to be in the Louvre.

Um, Nick, you do know that one of the cornerstones of Spencer and Maurice's business plan was NOT to change each year merely for the sake of "fashion", didn't you?

It is one of the defining (and I might add endearing) points of these vehicles.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Of course. CSK et. al were cut from the same tweed as the Rolls Royce folks who decided that in their product catalogs the specs for horsepower were given as "adequate".