Alaska: Anchorage/Kenai

I'll ask here since I haven't had any replies on any of the Land Rover Facebook pages. My wife and 11-year-old daughter and I are going to Alaska in August for a week. We'll be visiting my brother in Eagle River and we're hoping to get out and do a couple short trips around Anchorage and the Kenai.

Was wondering if anyone would rent me a rig to use for the week. Ideally I'm looking for something 7-passenger, a Disco or Series station wagon perhaps. We're not looking to go wheeling necessarily, just to use it to go fly fishing, shooting, kayaking, possibly tent camping. Doesn't need to be super-built or totally outfitted (a rack would be handy), just safe and reliable. I'm a hands-on owner (bought my first Disco with a blown engine), on-the-spot problem solver (did I mention I've had more than one Disco II?) and have experience driving off-road (Moab, Black Bear pass, Illinois mud, North Carolina clay). My brother, FWIW, is a retired Army infantryman with experience in HUMVEEs.

If you know anyone who might be interested, have them contact me by email (in my profile). We'll be on the ground Aug 2-9. Would prefer to see Alaska from the front seat of a Land Rover instead of a Silverado.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Adventure car rentals has jeeps with pop top. In anchorage and homer.