5 speed craigslist

UNCCHcane

Jul 4, 2006
Noth Carolina
I emailed about it. Guy (or gal) says the CEL is on and it needs tires. Currently pleading with my wife to allow me to pursue. Unlikely to happen but hey, just keep asking until she says yes!

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I emailed about it. Guy (or gal) says the CEL is on and it needs tires. Currently pleading with my wife to allow me to pursue. Unlikely to happen but hey, just keep asking until she says yes!

Clear the light, clean the truck, change the tires and your probably $3k into it. Then add a $800 SD Rack and BOOM!!!! its worth $15k

Grenade

Oct 8, 2015
Vegas
Got a buddy looking at this thing right now. Rust, dead battery, leaking power steering, engine oil, transmission fluid, smashed front bumper and fender, broken window and regulator, owner doesn’t know much about it. Plus new tires needed clutch was said to be soft, unable to start, seems like quite a big gamble just an FYI

Grenade

Oct 8, 2015
Vegas
Got a buddy looking at this thing right now. Rust, dead battery, leaking power steering, engine oil, transmission fluid, smashed front bumper and fender, broken window and regulator, Random parts and pieces missing, broken passenger side mirror, bumper covers sheet metal screwed in, owner doesn?t know much about it. Plus new tires needed clutch was said to be soft, unable to start, seems like quite a big gamble just an FYI

After getting a battery for it it starts, But wouldn’t hold an idol, stalled out multiple times, grinds from 1st to 2nd gear. Just an FYI for anyone interested

Last edited:

UNCCHcane

Jul 4, 2006
Noth Carolina
Thanks for the update Grenade. I asked the guy how long he'd had it and whether he'd run the codes on the CEL, and his answer was "not long, and no."

That was enough for me to let it go. Did your buddy go after it?

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Mechanical issues are easier to fix than fixing a rusted out body / frame from one here in the East.

Looks like a good start for a reasonable price if you have the time / money for the mechanical issues.

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
Somebody with not much to say has a lot to hide. These 5-speeds are more rare, but they can be found. Pass...

Grenade

Oct 8, 2015
Vegas
Thanks for the update Grenade. I asked the guy how long he'd had it and whether he'd run the codes on the CEL, and his answer was "not long, and no."

That was enough for me to let it go. Did your buddy go after it?

My buddy was looking for me, just couldn't see paying anything over $1000 due to the fact that is needs a complete rebuild on just about everything. The fact that the transmission grinds 1-2 on ALL shifts was the deal breaker for me. Plus the seller even stated that the clutch was soft and should be replaced. Gave him an offer, but he never responded so..

On a scale of 1-10 I'de say its a 1.5... and 1.0 is only because its a factory 5-speed..