1988 Range Rover Classic

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
LT230
190K mi
Been in southern California most of its life

I'll start by saying this truck is a great off roader. A truck that you could take camping then bring home hose off and take it to the grocery store with out embarrassment. I don't have to sell it. I figured I'd put it up to see what happens. I recently bought a newer 328 Xdrive wagon. That will take over as my road trip machine. So I'm gonna downgrade my off road fleet.

The body/paint aren't perfect but they are decent. No rust. Solid tailgate/hatch. Some component crusty surface rust underneath. Nothing even close to major. 100% solid floors.

Goodies:

Fresh tune up. Kingsborn wires. Cap rotor plugs
New radiator.
New fan clutch/fan
T-stat
4 Brand new BFG KO2's. 10 ply. 265/75/16
2" OME HD lift
Stainless extended brake lines
Rear ARB bumper. (Not pictured)
Offset steering/track bars
Set up for dual batteries. 2 brand new Interstate batteries. 5 year warranty
Fresh fluids
Mean Green GM style alternator.
Sony stereo
Headliner is redone
All windows work. All glass is good
Center console is in pretty decent shape except the indicator ribbon
No draws or shorts

The bad:
Seats are ripped. Drivers works. Passenger works sometimes. Depending on the phase of the moon.
Missing the carpet/rubber mats except the part under center console
Sometimes wipers work. Sometimes they don't.
Rear cargo panels are missing.
Drivers side cowl is cut for a snorkel that's long gone.
The rear quarters have been cut. I'm assuming for a bumper that's no longer there.
The clear plastic is missing around the gauges.
I restained the wood on the drivers side front door. Haven't finished the others. If a buyer wants that done I will finished the other 3 doors.

The truck runs and drives well. I use it to go in the desert almost exclusively. That's why I most pics are of it dirty. That's the way it is most of the time. This is not a cream puff Pebble beach truck. It's not priced like one either. It's a driver or a great platform to start a resto.

5500 with tires. 5000 without them. I'll mount a older set of Ko's on there (the ones in the pics)

Located in Las Vegas. 89166

XCELLER8

Sep 21, 2009
you need to move to the east coast and bring all your toys with you...............lol!