2017 Land Rover National Rally Leadville, CO 24-28 July

AlohaRover

Oct 16, 2016
Colorado

33170314985_a2d544ac8a_z.jpg

2017 Land Rover National Rally, Leadville, CO 24-28 July, 2017

Mark your calendars every one, in July 2017 the Solihull Society will be returning to Leadville, CO for the annual Land Rover National Rally. We are still busy working on final details for evening venues and the final trail list, but as those that attending the 2005 and 2009 events can attest, Leadville is made for Land Rovers, both old and new.
Situated at 10,000? above sea level, Leadville is the quintessential 1880s mining town. Come see where Horace Tabor made his fortune, walk in the steps of Doc Holliday and the Unsinkable Molly Brown, tour old mines, reconnect with friends, and let?s not forget, run some amazing trails in the Best 4x4xFar.
Trails in the area include Iron Mike Mine, Mosquito Pass, Holy Cross, Chinaman Gulch, and Wheeler Lake to name just a few.

Monday 24 July ? Afternoon, Registration Check In
Tuesday 25 July ? Trails during the day. Cocktail party and raffle in the evening
Wednesday 26 July ? Trails during the day. Possible overnight camping trail run.
Thursday 27 July ? No organized trail runs. Late afternoon vendor event, cook out and raffle.
Friday 28 July ? Trails during the day. Banquette dinner in the evening and final raffle.

https://solihullsociety.org/events/2017-land-rover-national-rally/
33170316295_917abe7253_z.jpg

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
I vaguely remember seeing almost no hotels or motels in Leadville. Buena Vista has a lot, but it is 35 miles away - so "civilized" lodging will be at premium.

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Google maps is showing about fifteen motels/hotels. I can't speak to the accuracy or the quality, but there should be at least a few hundred rooms.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Google maps is showing about fifteen motels/hotels. I can't speak to the accuracy or the quality, but there should be at least a few hundred rooms.

What Shiftonthefly1 said.

LRNR draws a lot of people; it is large enough to put a dent in the number of available accomodations in Breck and in Moab.
Look at Leadville and Breckenridge in Google Maps on the same scale, it'll give you an idea.
I have no qualms camping in my truck - but only if I am alone.

AlohaRover

Oct 16, 2016
Colorado
Two months until the Rally.
Please register if you haven't yet. We are fast approaching 1 July when we will need to finalize our counts for caters and t-shirt production.