nanocom vs iLand (atlantic british)

RavenMocker

Jul 25, 2015
PNW
I bought the iLAND for 399 from AB. So far its been on the blink. Im not the only one having issues with it. I own a Discovery 2 and am unable to reprogram the key FOB. It seems to be an issue with the iLAND its self. Ive been waiting for a week not with no word and when or how it will be fixed. Im also having some issues with other features. And there is no instruction manual. Every piece of diagnostic equipment other than one has an operators manual.

RavenMocker

Jul 25, 2015
PNW
Thank you everyone for your input

Which route did you take?

Im still waiting for help from Atlantic British for the iLAND. Not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. Their no return policy is what really pisses me off. If something doesn't work because it us flawed they should refund you the money.

colvere

Sep 3, 2004
Filer, ID
Update please, I live along way from a shop that can reset my adaptive values and should just buy my own.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
Just got my nanocom and have reset my adaptive values and the air suspension to coil. So happy. Either every penny. It will do everything that a scanguage will do and more. So much more that I have no idea what it can do. Seriously, lots of menus. Love it.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
I will say that it is a little scary. I’m not sure what certain menu items mean and there really isn’t a great manual for it. But I’m determined to figure it all out. That said, if anyone else has one and understands it, I’d love to chat.

RavenMocker

Jul 25, 2015
PNW
Well I haven’t heard from Atlantic British nor the company that helped develope the iLand in days. This is a fricken nightmare. Do not buy this POS! They should have worked out the bugs and the misspelt words prior to its release. WTF!

I will be buying the Nanocom soon. It really pisses me off to no end that I’m getting no real customer support from AB or the company they collaborated with to develope the iLand. I really hope the Nanocom comes with some sort of information to help people use it properly. I did write Blackbox asking about a user manual but wasn’t given a yes or no.

Last edited:

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
Well I haven?t heard from Atlantic British nor the company that helped develope the iLand in days. This is a fricken nightmare. Do not buy this POS! They should have worked out the bugs and the misspelt words prior to its release. WTF!

I will be buying the Nanocom soon. It really pisses me off to no end that I?m getting no real customer support from AB or the company they collaborated with to develope the iLand. I really hope the Nanocom comes with some sort of information to help people use it properly. I did write Blackbox asking about a user manual but wasn?t given a yes or no.

there are some 'guide', but from the limited amount of time I've spent with it, it's a lot of guessing what everything means. They have an application on their site that will let you scroll through to see what's available for the disco. For me, it came down to resetting adaptive settings, changing the air to coils, and watching teh o2 sensors. But now that my key have crapped out, it can also program a key, so another plus for the nanocom.

RavenMocker

Jul 25, 2015
PNW
there are some 'guide', but from the limited amount of time I've spent with it, it's a lot of guessing what everything means. They have an application on their site that will let you scroll through to see what's available for the disco. For me, it came down to resetting adaptive settings, changing the air to coils, and watching teh o2 sensors. But now that my key have crapped out, it can also program a key, so another plus for the nanocom.

Might you be referring to the limited videos AB has made. Some of them just talk about what the device can do not how to actually use it. The KeyFOB is one of those not covered. And when reprogramming the FOB there are screens in the iLAND that have no information on them other than pressing Yes and No. Yes or No for what? Anyway Its been almost three months and the issue still has not been fixed by them. I finally broke down and went to a shop and had it reprogrammed.

I will be buying a nano com and selling this pos when I get the chance. Very disappointed!

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
Just purchased a nanocom for my LR4. There is so much to learn but it is a very powerful tool and I don't impress easily.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
Might you be referring to the limited videos AB has made. Some of them just talk about what the device can do not how to actually use it. The KeyFOB is one of those not covered. And when reprogramming the FOB there are screens in the iLAND that have no information on them other than pressing Yes and No. Yes or No for what? Anyway Its been almost three months and the issue still has not been fixed by them. I finally broke down and went to a shop and had it reprogrammed.

I will be buying a nano com and selling this pos when I get the chance. Very disappointed!

No, I'm talking about the nanocom. I'm very sorry to hear about your AB experience, I was really hopeful for it too. AB seems to be having some problems lately, the past 6 months I've been working on my engine and there have been some really strange mistakes.

RavenMocker

Jul 25, 2015
PNW
No, I'm talking about the nanocom. I'm very sorry to hear about your AB experience, I was really hopeful for it too. AB seems to be having some problems lately, the past 6 months I've been working on my engine and there have been some really strange mistakes.

I was leaning towards the Nanocom but went with the iLAND because I was able to use a smart device. Now I regret it and wished I had originally bought the Nanocom.

I will be buying another KeyFob for my wife as we only have the one. Who knows maybe that now will change and they’ll fix what ever was wrong. They have about a month till I get the new Fob.

geoellis

Dec 7, 2017
Long Island
Nanocom is a really great tool to have. The company do back it up, but even better, there’s an online forum for info and questions.

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
I drove 2 hour yesterday to buy a Nanocom Evo for 180 pounds ($233).
It’s for a TD5 Disco 2 but I can buy an unlock code for $64 to add V8. Score!

I really was hoping the iLand was going to be a big win for AB and the Land Rover community since it can be used on a tablet. Too bad it’s been plagued with issues and lack of customer support.

The things I’ve read from Nanocom owners is that it might cost quite a bit up front for an Evolution but it will save you money in the long run by diagnosing problems you can fix yourself. I’ve also read the Nanocom customer support team is outstanding when dealing with issues.