P0116 Coolant Temp Sensor

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
I have been having some random hard start issues and have codes P0158 O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2 which I have had coming back for a long time, even after replacing the sensors, and P0116 coolant temp sensor.

I can't find much here on the P0116 code for the coolant temp sensor but I have a spare at home so I will change it out. Could this cause a hard start issue? Any other symptoms it might display or just a CEL? It seems like the fuel pump on its way out from past experience (pressure gauge isn't working) but I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Jagfixer

Feb 25, 2008
Millstadt, IL
My 96 D1 would have random times of hard starting. Was the fuel pump. Might borrow or get a new pressure gauge unless you get no squirt of fuel from the Schrader valve on fuel line.

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
I just picked up a pump, it seemed to be doing it more yesterday than it had been. I changed the coolant sensor last night so hopefully the P0116 code doesn't come back.

Swedjen2

Sep 12, 2018
California
You might check the wires and connectors from pump to fuse. It's not that uncommon for one/some of the wires to the pump needing attention.