True xd?

pdXDisco97

Dec 6, 2011
Oregon
That doesn't look like a Kalahari to me. If you look under the hood, it appears to have been a white Discovery that was poorly repainted. The Kalaharis I have seen had grey two-tone interior, but that one looks beige. they also didn't have armrests. A Kalahari should also have a Saudi spec grill. Figures the ExPo crowd would be all about it.

Good catch... I hadn't looked at it in detail, and finding an example of a grey Kalahari is difficult. That'll teach me to post without verifying!

alpinacsi

Oct 5, 2011
Atlanta
That doesn't look like a Kalahari to me. If you look under the hood, it appears to have been a white Discovery that was poorly repainted. The Kalaharis I have seen had grey two-tone interior, but that one looks beige. they also didn't have armrests. A Kalahari should also have a Saudi spec grill. Figures the ExPo crowd would be all about it.

My Kalahari (yes, I have documentation supporting its authenticity) is white with grey interior and black seating with tetra cloth inserts and armrest. It also includes the gulf states/Saudi front bumper and grill. They were also outfitted with Safarigard sliders.

So, my understanding is the one pictured was constructed by Safarigard for shows including the SEMA show prior to the release of the Kalahari edition by LR.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
My Kalahari (yes, I have documentation supporting its authenticity) is white with grey interior and black seating with tetra cloth inserts and armrest. It also includes the gulf states/Saudi front bumper and grill. They were also outfitted with Safarigard sliders.

So, my understanding is the one pictured was constructed by Safarigard for shows including the SEMA show prior to the release of the Kalahari edition by LR.

Cool, I knew they had that two tone leather, but didn't realise they actually had an armrest on the seat.