I am thankful for.....

wturner

May 21, 2004
Houston
...the asshole at Motorcars LTD that said he had a new waterpump in stock, but didn't bother to tell me that he would not send it out Tuesday, when he received mine so that I could get it Wednesday, but Wednesday so I get it the next BUSINESS day (aka MONDAY).

Since I found out today it was too late for me to get a hold of any friends from back home, because they have allready hauled ass. Now I get to sit in my lousy college apartment all by myself the entire Thanksgiving holiday.

Great!

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
Bj,

you want some cheese with that Whine?

suck it up man, life is filled with many more disapointing holidays ahead of you...
when i was in school, my roommate and i would get sushi on thanksgiving and spend the evening with a bottle of wine in a movie theatre...up until this year, my wife and i have spent the last 7 years getting sushi on turkey day...

there's nothing cooler than starting your own traditions

turn those lemons into lemonaid...

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Ross_Thoma said:
I am thankful that one of our friends is willing and being tested to give up half of her liver (living donner) to my wife Liz and our family.

Thanks Mary!!!

RT

That is damn cool of her RT. Not to many people these days would do that for someone else no matter how good of a friend they say they are.. That's just great.

K

KEJ

Ross, best luck to you all and the very best to the generous Mary. We have a close family member on the liver transplant list, so we know what you're going through.

KJ

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
That's certainly something to be thankful for Ross, best of luck to her.

I can say I'm thankful my ex and I have a decent relationship...enough she invited me over yesterday for thanksgiving on wed with her and the kids, and that she's thoughtful enough that she told my boys to come give me lot's of hugs and kisses when I go there cause I'd had a lousy day at work. :)
It makes a world of difference!

K

KEJ

Good for you both, Tom. Decency is free, even if it's not always easy. Your kids are the big winners. Kudos all around.

KJ

K

KEJ

Thanks, Ross. Years ago someone told me that when she worries she tries to remember that 95% of the things we worry about never come to pass. Though difficult, I think as we wade through worry it's a good thought to revisit. Worry serves a purpose, as it helps us make sure we've done everything in preparation, but once the plan is in place we need to let it roll on to a well-prepared fruition. I think we're all in good shape, don't you?

KJ :)

Ross_Thoma

Apr 25, 2004
Interlochen, Michigan
Yeah, Karen.

I try to keep Liz cool and tell her it will all work out and we can always help and tweek it as needed. But she has always had some control issues and they are a bit tough to over come.

The good thing about the live donner program is that in our case we prety much tell the doctors when we are ready to get the transplant, but the bad part is that it will be her dicision when to operate, it is so much easier to have someone else make that dicision for you. I liken it to loosing an arm in a car accident and waking from surgery as apposed to walking in and asking to get it cut off!!! I don't envy her.

RT

Thanks for listening

K

KEJ

Ross, I hear ya. Truthfully, there is no perfect scenario, we just have to cope with what's thrown our way. Liz has some control, and that's an added burden without question. Amazing how we have to give up control in these situations, but that, too, can be it's own reward of sorts. All we can do is pick what we think is the best team, and let them work. Our family faces the beeper, the misinformation (from one of the foremost facilities, too) and the uncertainty of timing. We'll all do well as long as we keep cool, pay attention and remain advocates for our loved ones. Best luck to all involved, and maybe this time next year it will all be behind us. Hang in there.

KJ

Alyssa

Apr 19, 2004
Philadelphia's Main Line
I'm thankful my brain damage wasn't permanent and I am now speaking normally and will be back to work soon. I am VERY thankful for that. Sorry that's not what this post is really about.

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
Alyssa said:
I'm thankful my brain damage wasn't permanent and I am now speaking normally and will be back to work soon. I am VERY thankful for that. Sorry that's not what this post is really about.

Very glad to hear that you are making positive progress. Take care of yourself.

Melissa

SandMan

Apr 25, 2004
United Arab Emirates
I am thankful I still have half a liver and that there are still people out there willing to give whatever it takes!

All the best and a long life Liz!

(the other half of my liver went to Jack ... Jack Daniels)

SandMan

K

KEJ

Alyssa said:

Alyssa, glad to hear you're doing well, but I missed this news in the first place. The brain damage wasn't as a result of trying to choose your next vehicle, was it? <joke> Take care of yourself, and I think giving thanks WAS the hijacked purpose of this thread ;)

KJ