Panhard Bolt Stuck in Sleeve

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
I have one panhard bolt that has fused itself to the inner sleeve of the bushing that I fought for too long last night. I've tried about everything I can think of to wedge the sleeve or hit the bolt out from the other side. I'm planning on picking up some good sawzall blades after work but thought I would see if anyone has a trick for this before I cut the bolt. Any good techniques for this or just cut it?

mjbrox

Jun 30, 2008
Golden CO
I have one panhard bolt that has fused itself to the inner sleeve of the bushing that I fought for too long last night. I've tried about everything I can think of to wedge the sleeve or hit the bolt out from the other side. I'm planning on picking up some good sawzall blades after work but thought I would see if anyone has a trick for this before I cut the bolt. Any good techniques for this or just cut it?

id just cut it, you should use new bolts anyway.

BTW, i just changed mine and it made a huge difference in highway stability

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
Kind of what I figured but I never get excited about cutting grade 8 bolts.

I'm expecting a big difference after seeing how bad mine where. Working on this last night I realized it's been over 10 years since the last time I did these.

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
Got it out last night and new bushes in. It’s like a different car! It’s amazing what horrible handling I had got used to.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I'm planning on this upgrade on my RRC this summer. What brand bushings did you buy and where?

Levi

Jul 27, 2004
Cheyenne, WY
I went with Polybush from Lucky 8. I didn’t see any other “acceptable” poly options and reviews for the standard bushings I found varied and leaned towards the bad.