Bonnet Bar by Roverbones RRC, D1, P38 & D2

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
My first job in Seattle was at an intellectual property law firm. It was many years ago, but I recall that getting a patent was not a casual undertaking. Even a design patent, which is technically simpler to have approved, is a major PITA. The US Patent and Trademark Office is a slow and ornery beast, even when you have $500/hr attorneys who know how to get things done.

Trademarks were more interesting, though. My favorite two that came across my desk were:

1. A company selling fossilized dinosaur turds. Their name was Endangered Feces.
2. A powder additive you mix with water to falsify drug tests. The name was Urine Luck.

thequickervicar

Aug 12, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Tugela said:
My first job in Seattle was at an intellectual property law firm. It was many years ago, but I recall that getting a patent was not a casual undertaking. Even a design patent, which is technically simpler to have approved, is a major PITA. The US Patent and Trademark Office is a slow and ornery beast, even when you have $500/hr attorneys who know how to get things done.

Every patent we've applied for has cost approximately $10k by the time approval was granted. Attorneys' search fees are killer.

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
bump

how are these Bonnet Bars holding up?

Bummed about Photobucket killing the good discussions...

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
bump

how are these Bonnet Bars holding up?

Bummed about Photobucket killing the good discussions...

Damned Photobucket!
For those of you wondering what a "Bonnet Bar" looks like I've attached a pic.

*I forgot Asshat Tarantino stole Randy's business name, too!!