XYZ Transmission Switch

SirSpinach

Oct 19, 2017
Austin, Tx
I've got a 2004 DII. My 3rd D.

Got it in August, had some issues. Working through them.

Most recent is the "XYZ Position Switch". If I had realized what a pain it would be... I wouldn't have tried it!

Got it done, following the instructions in the Workshop manual.

I even used an alignment tool. One thing bugged me though... nowhere in the instructions does it instruct one to rotate the selector shaft back to P! It says to rotate the switch, align the tool to the hole and tighten. Of course, I didn't think about this until later, and again this morning! Went in to reset the fault code.

Problem is... gear selector is in Park, lights show N! :banghead:

So, my question... will I have to get back under, loosen the bolts a bit, rotate the selector shaft back to P? Or is that something I can fix through my diagnostic tool? (an iLand from British Atlantic)

Thanks,

Marc :banghead::banghead:

XCELLER8

Sep 21, 2009
fwiw...I was able to adjust ( rotate) the switch with the selector in "p" to get the dash to read right.....

SirSpinach

Oct 19, 2017
Austin, Tx
fwiw...I was able to adjust ( rotate) the switch with the selector in "p" to get the dash to read right.....

Yeah, Duh! Thought about it, remembered that the switch is meant to turn! Doh! Got back under, removed the bolt holding the shift selector, detached it, rotated the shaft. Got the key out! Yeah, it was stuck in there!

Thanks for the advice!