95 DI, need to reset "Check engine light"

scubaman99

Jun 7, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.keepmedia.com
I know i've done this in the past... but i cant remember what i did.

does anyone know how to reset the "Check engine light"? not the Service engine light... the check engine light.

my speedo sensor is going bad and some times it 0mph when im driving down the freeway... if it does this for an extended period of time, the check engine light comes on...

i have to get it smogged ASAP and i know it wont pass if the check engine light is illuminated, but i cant remember how to reset it..... :eek:

KEN

T

Tony Sawyer

In the fuse box under the hood there is a fuse for the fuel injection/pump. I believe it is a 20 amp and should be the second one in from the fender. With the ignition off, pull the fuse for thirty seconds. Replace the fuse and you should be good to go.

Tony Sawyer
'95 Disco
'91 County
'90 County

scubaman99

Jun 7, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.keepmedia.com
thx for the help guys...

i pulled the F injection fuse, waited 30 seconds, then turned the key and NO CE light!!!!

got it smogged today and it passed with flying colors!!!!

anyone in the market for a 95 DI???? its time to get rid of her because since getting my P38 2.5 yrs ago my DI has sat in the garage collecting dust. i think i've put less then 500 miles on her in the last 2.5 yrs :) now on the ohter hand... my P38, i've put +35k miles in the last 2.5 yrs :eek: :cool: :eek:

KEN

vaden87

Aug 26, 2004
Alabama
Frank,

If you need a 'Check Engine' code read or cleared on a 96-99 DI, go to AutoZone - they will read the code and clear it for free.

Reddisco1

Apr 22, 2005
L.A. Ca.
scubaman99 said:
thx for the help guys...

i pulled the F injection fuse, waited 30 seconds, then turned the key and NO CE light!!!!

anyone in the market for a 95 DI???? its time to get rid of her because since getting my P38 2.5 yrs ago my DI has sat in the garage collecting dust. i think i've put less then 500 miles on her in the last 2.5 yrs :) now on the ohter hand... my P38, i've put +35k miles in the last 2.5 yrs :eek: :cool: :eek:

KEN

How much? how about some pic's

Claudio

Hunter

Apr 20, 2004
Charleston, SC
www.geocities.com
Just did this yesterday, works like a charm.

Thanks for the posts in saving me some time .

Merry rovering,

Hunter

thx for the help guys...

KEN