DiscoWeb Message Boards
 

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

View Poll Results: How much did Russian meddling affect your vote?
My vote was severely impacted by Russian meddling. 5 15.63%
Russian meddling moderately affected my vote. 0 0%
My vote was unswayed by said meddling. 23 71.88%
I am uncertain to what extend my vote was meddled with. 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #826  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:23 PM
coop74's Avatar
coop74 coop74 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Alcoa TN
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
God damn, trying to carry on a discussion with you is like trying to reason with a child.
note quite, a child will grow up...
__________________
Robert "Coop" Cooper
KN4PBS
99 Discover 2
2014 Nissan Frontier 4X4 LWB Crew Cab
2003 KLR 650
Reply With Quote
  #827  
Old 12-07-2018, 08:19 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,433
Cue the Trumpets saying Cohen acted all on his own...


New Mueller filing says Trump?s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen was in touch with a Russian seeking ?political synergy? with campaign


The special counsel?s office credited Cohen with significant cooperation ? including providing ?useful information concerning certain discrete Russia-related matters core to its investigation that he obtained by virtue of his regular contact? with Trump organization executives during the campaign, as well as ?relevant and useful information concerning his contacts with persons connected to the White House during the 2017?2018 time period.?

They revealed that Cohen told them of what seemed to be a previously unknown November 2015 contact from a Russian national, who claimed to be a ?trusted person? in the Russian Federation offering the campaign ?political synergy? and ?synergy on a government level.?
Cohen told investigators the person, who was not identified, repeatedly proposed a meeting between Trump and Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, saying that such a meeting could have a ?phenomenal? impact, ?not only in political but in a business dimension as well,? the special counsel?s office wrote.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #828  
Old 12-07-2018, 11:51 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Cue the Trumpets saying Cohen acted all on his own...


New Mueller filing says Trump?s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen was in touch with a Russian seeking ?political synergy? with campaign


The special counsel?s office credited Cohen with significant cooperation ? including providing ?useful information concerning certain discrete Russia-related matters core to its investigation that he obtained by virtue of his regular contact? with Trump organization executives during the campaign, as well as ?relevant and useful information concerning his contacts with persons connected to the White House during the 2017?2018 time period.?

They revealed that Cohen told them of what seemed to be a previously unknown November 2015 contact from a Russian national, who claimed to be a ?trusted person? in the Russian Federation offering the campaign ?political synergy? and ?synergy on a government level.?
Cohen told investigators the person, who was not identified, repeatedly proposed a meeting between Trump and Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, saying that such a meeting could have a ?phenomenal? impact, ?not only in political but in a business dimension as well,? the special counsel?s office wrote.
Putin? That you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #829  
Old 12-08-2018, 01:22 AM
ERover82's Avatar
ERover82 ERover82 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien Gap
Posts: 2,871
This friction involving chuckles, trump lying, labeled childish, getting the country you deserve, etc is interesting. To his supporters, lying, collusion, being crude, and infidelity is irrelevant as long as he is implementing supported policies. To impose the traditional values that would have destroyed previous officials, leads to being labeled childish for not realizing that ends justify the means, or that leadership is messy and sometimes you need an asshole to get things done. What happens if America crucifies Trump? We?ll have collectively screwed up the most effective agent of conservative policy implementation in recent history. The democrats will get the genderfluid, Evoque driving, socialist snowflake they deserve, and the rest of us will watch as the country goes down in flames.
Reply With Quote
  #830  
Old 12-09-2018, 04:05 PM
D Chapman's Avatar
D Chapman D Chapman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On Kennith's private island
Posts: 11,223
Well according to Biden, Uncle Joe is the best drunk out there that has a chance to beat Trump. So what’s that say?
Reply With Quote
  #831  
Old 12-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,356
Member Trucks
Come sit on Uncle Joe's lap and tell him what you want for Christmas....maybe bounce a bit while you're on his lap, he likes it like that.
__________________
Blue
2004 D2
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
I’m just checking in here, anyone seen Putin? Maybe Ambasador Kisalyk?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 12-12-2018, 11:54 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,433
Here ya go Brian. A nice summary.

https://www.axios.com/trump-russia-m...3032bec7e.html
  • We now know several Russian officials reached out to a half-dozen Republicans very close to Trump and his campaign, including his eldest son, his closest adviser, his lawyer and his campaign manager. We now know they took the meetings, often enthusiastically, during and after the campaign.
  • We now know Russia offered in those chats campaign assistance ? ?synergy,? they called it. We now know no one around Trump alerted the FBI of this effort to subvert our elections.
  • We now know that 12 Russian intelligence officers were indicted for hacking the DNC and systematically releasing material for the purpose of hurting the Clinton campaign via WikiLeaks.
  • We know that Trump associates Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi attempted ? successfully, in some instances ? to get in touch with WikiLeaks and that they are under investigation for whether they had advance knowledge about the email dumps.
  • We now know Donald Trump Jr. and others took a meeting with Russians promising dirt on Hillary Clinton. We now know Don Jr., when approached with the promise of dirt, wrote: ?If it?s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.?
  • We now know Trump was negotiating a Trump property in Moscow during the presidential campaign ? and hid this from the public and lied about it. We now know Mueller believes, based on his court filing, the ?Moscow Project was a lucrative business opportunity that sought, and likely required, the assistance of the Russian government.?
  • We now know every arm of the U.S. intelligence community concluded Russia sought to systematically influence the election outcome. We now know this was an unanimous conclusion, save one dissent: Trump.
  • We now know Trump officials continued talking with the Russians during the post-election transition. We now know Jared Kushner and Jeff Sessions failed to initially disclose any contacts with Russians on their government forms.
  • We now know Jared Kushner suggested a secret backchannel with the Russians, which had it happened, would have been free of U.S. eavesdropping.
  • We now know Trump soured on FBI director James Comey, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and White House counsel Don McGahn in part over their handling of the probe.
  • We now know Paul Manafort, who ran the Trump campaign in the summer of 2016, lied about his Russia contacts, was indicted and is going to jail.
  • We now know Flynn lied about his Russian contacts, was fired and pleaded guilty, after agreeing to become a key witness in the investigation.
  • We now know Cohen lied about his Russian contacts, was indicted and then flipped to become a key witness against Trump.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 12-13-2018, 09:13 AM
D Chapman's Avatar
D Chapman D Chapman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On Kennith's private island
Posts: 11,223
Looks like you’ve got everything except collusion. OrTrump.
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 12-13-2018, 09:39 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Here ya go Brian. A nice summary.

https://www.axios.com/trump-russia-m...3032bec7e.html
  • We now know several Russian officials reached out to a half-dozen Republicans very close to Trump and his campaign, including his eldest son, his closest adviser, his lawyer and his campaign manager. We now know they took the meetings, often enthusiastically, during and after the campaign.
  • We now know Russia offered in those chats campaign assistance ? ?synergy,? they called it. We now know no one around Trump alerted the FBI of this effort to subvert our elections.
  • We now know that 12 Russian intelligence officers were indicted for hacking the DNC and systematically releasing material for the purpose of hurting the Clinton campaign via WikiLeaks.
  • We know that Trump associates Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi attempted ? successfully, in some instances ? to get in touch with WikiLeaks and that they are under investigation for whether they had advance knowledge about the email dumps.
  • We now know Donald Trump Jr. and others took a meeting with Russians promising dirt on Hillary Clinton. We now know Don Jr., when approached with the promise of dirt, wrote: ?If it?s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.?
  • We now know Trump was negotiating a Trump property in Moscow during the presidential campaign ? and hid this from the public and lied about it. We now know Mueller believes, based on his court filing, the ?Moscow Project was a lucrative business opportunity that sought, and likely required, the assistance of the Russian government.?
  • We now know every arm of the U.S. intelligence community concluded Russia sought to systematically influence the election outcome. We now know this was an unanimous conclusion, save one dissent: Trump.
  • We now know Trump officials continued talking with the Russians during the post-election transition. We now know Jared Kushner and Jeff Sessions failed to initially disclose any contacts with Russians on their government forms.
  • We now know Jared Kushner suggested a secret backchannel with the Russians, which had it happened, would have been free of U.S. eavesdropping.
  • We now know Trump soured on FBI director James Comey, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and White House counsel Don McGahn in part over their handling of the probe.
  • We now know Paul Manafort, who ran the Trump campaign in the summer of 2016, lied about his Russia contacts, was indicted and is going to jail.
  • We now know Flynn lied about his Russian contacts, was fired and pleaded guilty, after agreeing to become a key witness in the investigation.
  • We now know Cohen lied about his Russian contacts, was indicted and then flipped to become a key witness against Trump.
Yawn. you may want to revisit this. Andrew McCabe and the rest of the FBI didn't think Flynn lied. In fact they urged him to interview without representation, and the fool complied. that's right, ALWAYS trust the Government Scott. I know you do. You hold them all very close. Kinda weird and bizare at the same time. Robot like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 12-13-2018, 09:49 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 5,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Yawn. you may want to revisit this. Andrew McCabe and the rest of the FBI didn't think Flynn lied. In fact they urged him to interview without representation, and the fool complied. that's right, ALWAYS trust the Government Scott. I know you do. You hold them all very close. Kinda weird and bizare at the same time. Robot like.
Jesus. Do you read what you write?

The FBI wanted to interview someone without their lawyer present (Shocker!!! ), and that means he didn't lie...Yet, he pleaded guilty to just that.

Oh, and Trump said he fired Flynn for lying to the FBI. I guess the Great Cheeto was actually wrong then???





You are a very confused man.

But go ahead...keep insisting that Trump, Trump Jr, and NO ONE on the Trump team ever met with Russian agents. At least you're consistent in that - you've said from the beginning that no one on Trump's team met with Russians.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 12-13-2018, 10:21 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post

keep insisting that Trump, Trump Jr, and NO ONE on the Trump team ever met with Russian agents.
Where's the crime of the decade if true? Tell me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:14 PM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,416
I do not think there is any acceptable level of proof for the hardcore Trump fans at this point. So many people around him pleading guilty to things, and he is magically immune to it all.
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
I do not think there is any acceptable level of proof for the hardcore Trump fans at this point. So many people around him pleading guilty to things, and he is magically immune to it all.
Guilty of everything but big bad Russian Collusion. Now, what crime?

There is an acceptable level of ignorance surrounding this issue but I assure you it's not on the Trump side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #840  
Old 12-13-2018, 06:15 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,356
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
I do not think there is any acceptable level of proof for the hardcore Trump fans at this point. So many people around him pleading guilty to things, and he is magically immune to it all.
In all seriousness, what do you think he is guilty of? Do you actually think he secretly conspired with the Russians to rig our election in his favor somehow? Or did he ask them for help smearing Hillary or something similar so he could win? Did he (Trump), or his agents, promise Putin favors if Putin got him elected?

I'm not a hardcore Trump fan by any means....I voted for him and I support a lot of his policies, but I'm not some diehard Trump-is-always-right guy at all. I've tried to look at his whole Russian Collusion issue objectively and I just can't see what the whole uproar is all about.

Did Donny-boy meat with the Russian chick to try to get dirt on old Hillary? Sure he did, anyone would have had that meeting. Was it illegal? I really don't think so, unless there is some obscure campaign law amongst thousands of pages of federal rules & regulations that I'm blissfully unaware of.

Did Trump and his boys meet with Russians before he was a candidate and probably even while he was a candidate? Yes, it looks like they did. What was the purpose of the meetings? By all accounts the purpose was exploring development of a Trump Tower in Russia and the plans were eventually terminated. Was that illegal? Of course not.

Or was the Trump Tower meetings just a cover for nefarious scheming to overthrow Hillary's campaign? I doubt it...what could Russian & Trump collusion really do to affect the election? I think Hillary's baggage, particularly the illegal private server and email debacle, had the logical negative effect and she lost the election despite being magically exonerated by the feds. I think everything else since then (e.g. Mueller probe) is just smoke & mirrors to get back at that asshole Trump for actually winning.
__________________
Blue
2004 D2
Reply With Quote
  #841  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:38 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think everything else since then (e.g. Mueller probe) is just smoke & mirrors to get back at that asshole Trump for actually winning.
Worse yet there is hard evidence of this. Peter and lover Lisa page texting each other of their insurance plan then running off to the Muller probe. How about the dossier paid for by clinten herself? Such short memories these people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Reply With Quote
  #842  
Old 12-14-2018, 12:16 AM
ukoffroad's Avatar
ukoffroad ukoffroad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Posts: 1,416
I do not know, I am waiting to see what else Mueller reveals. Maybe nothing, but 2 years is a long time to work and have nothing. I do suspect his ties to Russia are not what he claims. I think he himself is most worried that people will find out he is no where near as rich as he wants the world to believe, and that he has broken other laws leading up to all this.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, and he was far quicker witted that Cheetoh. Hell, Schumer got him to say he will shut the government down when it was clear he did not want to take responsibility for it at first.

Like I said, we shall see. I think the house pursues impeachment but unless Mueller finds something really unsavory there are not enough Republicans in the Senate willing to flip to get anything out of it.

Something has him all wound up, and I think he knows it will hurt him. You can only lie so many times before you risk losing moderate Republicans in left leaning states.

Cue a Kennith rant here, this should be good.

Romney in 2020 I think.
__________________
Chuck

1967 IIa.
00 DII.
Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 12-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,356
Member Trucks
I think that if Mueller had a smoking gun it would have already leaked, but who really knows?
__________________
Blue
2004 D2
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 12-14-2018, 04:27 PM
kennith kennith is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoffroad View Post
I do not know, I am waiting to see what else Mueller reveals. Maybe nothing, but 2 years is a long time to work and have nothing. I do suspect his ties to Russia are not what he claims. I think he himself is most worried that people will find out he is no where near as rich as he wants the world to believe, and that he has broken other laws leading up to all this.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, and he was far quicker witted that Cheetoh. Hell, Schumer got him to say he will shut the government down when it was clear he did not want to take responsibility for it at first.

Like I said, we shall see. I think the house pursues impeachment but unless Mueller finds something really unsavory there are not enough Republicans in the Senate willing to flip to get anything out of it.

Something has him all wound up, and I think he knows it will hurt him. You can only lie so many times before you risk losing moderate Republicans in left leaning states.

Cue a Kennith rant here, this should be good.

Romney in 2020 I think.
How can I disagree? Trump's no saint.

You'll have no rant out of me assaulting reason.

I don't have to agree with your position to accept it's validity. Those are all good questions and suppositions.

That doesn't mean I won't jump on something else, but that post is solid.

Cheers,

Kennith
__________________
Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

I own a magical island.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a bad battery affect idle? Jim Discovery - Technical Discussions 7 05-31-2007 03:36 PM
Vote early & Vote often 96DiscoSE7 General 16 11-08-2006 11:21 AM
Will check engine light affect MPG? Yossarian14 Discovery - Technical Discussions 4 08-21-2006 11:48 PM
Russian Durways Cowboy (It's a Russian SUV) Highmile General 10 11-11-2005 05:39 PM
How does a bad exhaust gasket affect performance? Morpheus Discovery - Technical Discussions 2 08-22-2005 05:52 PM

» Log in
User Name Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Password
» Today's Birthdays
jbdisco2 (56)
Yeti (44)
mainerova (38)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000 - 2015, DiscoWeb.org. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.