Range Rover Classic Project

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
LT230 case
190K mi
Non ABS brakes
Rust free Clean Carfax report. Been in southern California most of its life.

Non running at the moment. Its almost there. Wiring, fluids, tuning, belts hoses etc. Take advantage of my busy schedule. I got a promotion at work so I've got no time to finish it. I bought a new truck so its just sitting taking up space. I was building this for a long range road trip/camping truck. Long story short the Rover charm is lost on the wife and she is much more likely to be happy in my new truck than this. Plus I have more time to actually go places and do things when im not constantly working on this. Win win.

Goodies:

Fresh tune up. Kingsborn wires. Cap rotor plugs
2 new Bosch O2 sensors
New radiator.
New fan clutch/fan
T-stat
New hoses
All new belts
All new fluids
4 newer BFG KO2's. 10 ply. 265/75/16 Less than 2500 miles on them.
5 steel wheels
2" Terrafirma HD springs Procomp Shocks
Stainless extended brake lines
Offset steering/track bars
Front aluminum skid plate
RTE steering stabilizer relocating bracket
ProComp stabilizer
RTE Rock sliders w tree bars
GBR rear 24 spline Detroit locker
GBR HD axle shafts
GBR HD flange drives
GBR HD rear driveshaft
A set of HD flanges for the front. Not installed.
ARB rear steel bumper.
Set up for dual batteries. 2 newish Interstate batteries. 5 year warranty
Mean Green GM style 200 amp alternator. Rebuilt and tested.
Sony stereo
Headliner is redone
Rebuilt and recovered manual Disco front seats
Rear swing out lockable cargo box. I have one installed on the drivers side. Another not installed on the passenger side.
KC 6" Halogen lights
Front bull bar
All windows work.
All glass is good but windshield has a small chip.
Door locks all work.
All lights and turn signals work
No draws or shorts

Engine:
Engine was rebuilt before it replaced the original 3.5. Zero ridge on the cylinders. Cross hatching still visible. Super clean inside.
New heads and HG. (New valve guides etc)
All new gaskets. Top and bottom.
New Crower Cam
New CompCams lifters
Clyde's billet steel double roller timing chain/gears
New water pump.
New belts
New hoses
Injectors professionally cleaned.
I spent a ridiculous amount of time cleaning degreasing sanding and painting all the engine brackets and components. The only one i didn't do was the ac compressor. I planned on replacing that.

Interior:
I installed Disco front carpet because it was available. Its a lighter shade of grey than RRC carpet but fits well. Plus in put in two layers of heat and sound insulation. It's got D2 weather stripping in the doors. Headliner is redone. New dome lenses too.

The manual front seats are out of a Disco. They have been rebuilt and recovered in thick black vinyl for durability. I only had to drill one extra hole in the stock floor brackets. They are bolted in w grade 8 bolts in the stock location. I left all the wiring and relays from the power seats.You can easily convert it back to power seats. The original power seats are included if you want them. Stock rear seats are also included. I never have them in for more room. The rear has the stock rubber mats. I like it this way for hauling dogs and camping gear.

The center console is worn. It will need work. All parts are there except the shifter ribbon. The window switch panel is loose. Some of the rubber coating is peeling. I'm including a black D2 console I intended to cut down to fit the same way as the original if you want it.

The dash is in good shape. No cracks or damage. No fake wood to flake or bubble. The gauge pod needs some help but that's it. I have a spare binnicle.

Exterior:

Paint is ok. There are plenty of blemishes. Small dings. No major damage. It's a 5-10 footer. This gets used off road almost exclusively. It does buff out and look decent.

Driver's side cowl is cut for a snorkle. Rear quarters are cut too. I have another uncut cowl panel in white that i will include. I have a spare rear rust free lift gate.

I also have a rare non sunroof white roof panel and headliner I will include with the sale. Or swap it out before it gets picked up.

Mechanical:

Rebuilt steering box

It has the original non ABS front axel. The rear has been converted to disco hubs and 24spline for the locker Newer wheels bearings in the rear.

I have a ton more spares for this truck. Including mechanical and cosmetic parts. Disco stainless HD steering arms w a Disco pitman arm. New tie rod ends. I have a spare 3.9 engine. Complete. I have a good 4.0 block. MAF's 2 distributors. 2 ecms. 3 tps sensors. 2 or 3 IAC valves. Ignition parts. Spare brake and hub parts. Taillight lenses. Clear signal lenses and I'm sure a lot more. Ill include all the spares you want to take but you had better bring a trailer.

$3900. Obo. Im not gonna take low ball offers. I have a lot lot more in this truck than this. If it doesnt sell it will sit until I get to it.
Clear title
Located in Las Vegas. 89166

Pics here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KYJgyoxi8eGj7Xbr1

Obviously some the pics are taken at different times.

Will take a partial trade for a set of new 285/75/16 BFG KO2'S.

gimebakmybulits

Dec 11, 2013
Pasadena
"Long story short the Rover charm is lost on the wife and she is much more likely to be happy in my new truck than this. Plus I have more time to actually go places and do things when im not constantly working on this. Win win."
Truth...
After that last one you got me in trouble with I don't dare open my mouth to the wife about another "project".
She has converted my backyard work space into a sitting area so I can't even bring one home...smart lady (except for the fact that she married me).
Good luck, looks like a good one.

Flyfish

Oct 29, 2004
St. Louis
Just curious, but, what exactly does this mean?

?Non running at the moment. Its almost there.?

Maybe some color on what is needed to at least get it driving.