anti theft 1996 DI

bluerover95

Jul 11, 2013
nc
A couple of days ago I unlocked vehicle, started and alarm horn constantly blows. It will blow until I stop vehicle and then lock and unlock doors several times. Today i continue to troubleshoot the issue to find that the battery was dead with just a clicking starter motor. Jumped it off and again the alarm horn blowing. I removed the anti theft 20a fuse and still blows. I too disconnected the hood anti theft switch and still blows. Any thoughts or ideas to chase, I do not have the skills or expertise with checking volts and signals. So I am hoping that this rings a bell with someone. Thanks in advance to all.

Chuckwagon976

Dec 5, 2013
Ft. Worth, Texas
I had a similar issue. The driver door lock has an alarm button attached to the lock mechanism that is bumped when you lock or unlock the door with the key. Can't remember exactly what the ultimate cause was, if the button was worn out or the piece on the lock mechanism that bumped the button was worn out, but either way the button was not being bumped and so the truck was immobilized and the alarm would sound when you would try and start the truck. Replaced the worn piece from a parts truck and worked fine again.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
The above is correct. Its that button on the drivers side door cam linkage stc1220. Its also why you can only disarm when unlocking them from the drivers door and not the other side