Drink tray - reinserting

T

TuffRR

Howdy.

For some reason, the drink tray in the dash in my 98 S1 Disco came out the other week. When i slide it back in, it will go all the way in but does not latch on and slides back out again.
I noticed a jigger (knob thingy :confused: ) which is in the middle of the opening in the dash which moves from side to side. This seems to line up with a casting underneath the actual tray but i cant seem to get it lined up to work. What is the trick in reinstalling these things?

TIA.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
perseverance :)

just be careful while doing it.. I ended up breaking mine one time when putting it back, a plastic clip fell off and now its useless unfortunately..

T

TuffRR

Perseverence? I hate perseverence.

Anyone got any better ideas. ;)

T

TuffRR

C'mon guys, I'm not going to ask this question over at Pirate. :confused:

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
It really wasn't too difficult, I did it about 15 times before I finally broke it [i blame my sister though].. just slide it on the track, and then jiggle it in

Lutzgaterr

Apr 23, 2004
LUTZ, Florida
Mine came out as well, same result trying to push it back in.
So, I removed it, stared at it for a while, realized the gear-wheels skipped.
Reset the wheels, reinserted, good as new.
Now, don't ask me how... it was over 2 years ago.
It's really kinda simple if you take time to study the mechanism. You will figure it out.
If you broke it, Super Glue, good as new.

dormobiledisco

Nov 26, 2004
New Jersey
www.GregFitzgerald.net
The cupholders in our '94 D1 have sort of the same problem...we can push it halfway in, but once you get to the widest part of the holes (which aren't that wide to begin with), I can't get it in any more. They still work fine, hasn't fallen out with two flimsy huge fast food cups in it yet (knock on wood), but I'd love to be able to fix it.

Not sure if any pieces are missing...the thing has been broken for years. Still works, but would be nice to have it fold flush and make the dash look neater. :)