Steel wheel help

AJ123

Sep 24, 2006
ARIZONA
Hey there, just picked up some pro comp 15x8 steel wheels with 4.75 (chevy) bolt pattern. I did a bunch of research but never seen one in person. So my question is does anyone on here have these and were they tight fitting over your wheel studs. I was under the impression they would actually be a little large because 4.75 is larger than 120mm rover wheels. Thanks in advance.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
5x120 or 5x4.75 is a center-to-center measurement. How does the lug hole bore compare to your LR wheels? It could be that the holes are actually smaller...?

AJ123

Sep 24, 2006
ARIZONA
Hey squirt I haven't checked the steel wheel and alum side by side. I just jacked it up and threw one on cuz I was anxious to see them. They fit on but have to work them a little bit, maybe once the paint wears off. Lol

AJ123

Sep 24, 2006
ARIZONA
I'm thinking since the studs are m14 instead of the standard on most chevys is m12 the actual lug hole is to small. I know other people are running them, I was just hoping to hear some one else say they had the same issue.

The Fourth Amigo

Apr 20, 2009
I read somewhere that you will need to ream out the holes for the lugs for these wheels to work correctly..........

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
4.75" is 120.65mm

The studs do bind with those wheels and that is normal for those wheels. A small amount of reaming is needed.

Or buy the correct wheels for the truck.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Ive been planning on switching to 15's this winter when I step up to a 35" tire. The price difference is huge. Plus my current steel wheels are too narrow.
I cant find any 5x120 steel wheel in 15" diameter. Even pro comp says that 5x120 and 5x4.75 is the same size.

I guess Ill be reaming them out...

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Ive been planning on switching to 15's this winter when I step up to a 35" tire. The price difference is huge. Plus my current steel wheels are too narrow.
I cant find any 5x120 steel wheel in 15" diameter. Even pro comp says that 5x120 and 5x4.75 is the same size.

I guess Ill be reaming them out...

15" wheels are getting harder and harder to find. Which I find odd, but that's the current state of affairs. FWIW, KMC will custom drill you some wheels. But they are pricey, and I don't think 15 is even an option in their line-up. Flip side is you'll get the width & back-spacing you want.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
This brings me way back. I did the same thing with my truck back in the day. I seem to remember filing the holes in the wheels for a little more clearance. At the end of the day the wheels looked pretty dumb and I ended up putting some Genuine steel wheels on that looked much better.

AJ123

Sep 24, 2006
ARIZONA
Hey thanks for the feedback, I've always had good luck with 15"rim and 35" tire combos is why I went this route. I'm going to ream them out a little and throw the 35"s on. I'll do a little work to save $$ they were $190 shipped to my door and I think they will look fine. I'll post pics after there on, just got sidetracked with installing the roof top tent.

AJ123

Sep 24, 2006
ARIZONA
Thanks! Yeah I'm no stranger to a sawzall and a cutting wheel. I was just trying to keep it a little cleaner, but I have a hard time spending $300 on flares. It flexes fine just hits at full lock, we will see. How much did you cut out of yours SCSL?

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Thanks! Yeah I'm no stranger to a sawzall and a cutting wheel. I was just trying to keep it a little cleaner, but I have a hard time spending $300 on flares. It flexes fine just hits at full lock, we will see. How much did you cut out of yours SCSL?

Nice! Whats your suspension setup?

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Adjust your steering stops or just deal with it if it's only at full lock. No need to start cutting or putting Jeep-ish flares on