Gun 'style' in the media

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
DD is def great stuff, that said if I were buying an AR I'd look hard at BCM given value for your $

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
You have great, then you have excellence. That said trap shooting is one of my favorite disciplines. Both watching and competing. Wouldn't stand a chance against this guy though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5uHt4AwYb4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
Iareseriouscat.jpg

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Is everyone marching today?

Nope. I'm not even going to town; though I might get close enough to hit McDonalds or something.

That said, now would be a great time to score some college chicks if anyone wants to.

All you've got to do is show up and put on a convincing "care" face. That's the best part of marches and protests. :patriot:

Cheers,

Kennith

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Did you see that poor girl who barfed while getting her minute of fame? Poor girl, I felt so bad for her. All these kids are getting paraded around like the damn circus is in town. Funny thing is, the majority of them are just preaching to the choir - I don’t disagree with a damn thing they (or most of them) are saying. Stop school shootings, don’t let crazies have guns, do background checks, only let responsible people have guns, etc. In fact, there are already laws in place for all of your demands! But that doesn’t make for good headlines and a rallying cry to vote dem....because they’ll take care of you.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Did you see that poor girl who barfed while getting her minute of fame? Poor girl, I felt so bad for her. All these kids are getting paraded around like the damn circus is in town. Funny thing is, the majority of them are just preaching to the choir - I don?t disagree with a damn thing they (or most of them) are saying. Stop school shootings, don?t let crazies have guns, do background checks, only let responsible people have guns, etc. In fact, there are already laws in place for all of your demands! But that doesn?t make for good headlines and a rallying cry to vote dem....because they?ll take care of you.

That's one of the sickest parts of it all.

The kids were targets, and now they are targets again. The media knows they can be manipulated and riled into action. It happens they are at the most emotional, oblivious, and unreasonable period in their lives. They are high-school teenagers: Hungry, horny, ignorant in many ways, and turned on by anything rebellious.

Fortunately for the media, they are also experts at social networking, becoming "heart-felt" on demand, and can trap you in binary logic faster than Dan. They can connect tens of millions nearly overnight simply by popularizing a reaction; and within a week spawn nearly countless sub-cultures and communities.

Their active responses and obsessions regarding popular frustrations are sufficient that they can create a newly accepted slang term within a day, and dramatically alter web display orders (news articles, search results, trending media, etc...) without even knowing it. They become emotional and frustrated easily, as well.

In other words, right now they are worth billions to anyone who can tap this madness. They're the media equivalent of the Holy Grail; sob stories on demand from a bunch of kids that have no idea there will be a price demanded of them eventually, one way or another.

Cheers,

Kennith

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
The AR was originally produced as a hunting and sporting rifle. Military and Law enforcement took it up because of it's tactical aspects.

Your going to have to show a source for that one. Stoner developed the AR15/M16 platform as a replacement for the M14, not for plinking or hunting. Unless you consider hunting humans, then yes it was designed for hunting.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Your going to have to show a source for that one. Stoner developed the AR15/M16 platform as a replacement for the M14, not for plinking or hunting. Unless you consider hunting humans, then yes it was designed for hunting.

Armalite and Stoner had already produced rifles before that. The AR-10 was designed to compete with the M14; not to replace it. The AR-15 only happened because the AR-10 didn't perform in testing.

He's probably talking about the round and ideas behind it, though, unless he's got a really good memory and a lot of interest. They were civilian developments encouraging high speed and precision. In other words, designed specifically to go downrange in high numbers and tight groups, as well as penetrate effectively. The perfected varmint rifle was being created.

Those rounds and concepts became the core upon which the entire AR-15 was formed. Polymers had been used many times already in civilian arms, as well; and so had aluminum and more "pistol-style" grips than traditional. All the pieces had been on the table for decades, with only the round being developed within ten years or so of the rifle.

Stoner was no fool, but Armalite was a small business full of glorified hobbyists. That's one of the things that really pissed people off. They took what they saw and modified it. One of their most interesting innovations, the composite barrel, is just now flirting with popularity.

In many ways the AR-15 was either inspired or preceded by civilian innovation and weaponry. The really shitty thing about it all? You used to be able to easily dig this stuff up. Now you can't, unless you want to waste time or get paid for it.

I won't be presenting any sources, either. Not even going to look. Not even going to dig up the initial intent firearm that was indeed designed with civilian use in mind, as Armalite wanted to hit the big markets when the red tape held them up.

Why? It's a pain in the ass now, and it doesn't matter anymore. It's too late. Either way, I've watched that information pulled and edited for a number of years now, and buried. You ain't never getting it back unless you hit a library, and even books aren't safe these days.

Cheers,

Kennith

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
...and even books aren't safe these days.

Cheers,

Kennith
Are they Assault Books?
Do they have that folding (cover) thing that goes up (open)?
Perhaps they're fully automatic semi-auto books, those are scary.
Do you have ANY IDEA how many people are killed EVERY YEAR by books?
(neither does anyone else, but way to stir the shit!)

Plus, reading is rayciss.
Only white cis-something patriarchal something big meanie something else want that!
Don't force your "there's only 2 genders, determined by chromosomes" reality on xe!

Safe Space!!!
I demand you provide xe a Safe Space!
I need puppies!!!
And not gender-normative puppies, either.
I need a soy latte. Decaf.

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
Armalite and Stoner had already produced rifles before that. The AR-10 was designed to compete with the M14; not to replace it. The AR-15 only happened because the AR-10 didn't perform in testing.

He's probably talking about the round and ideas behind it, though, unless he's got a really good memory and a lot of interest. They were civilian developments encouraging high speed and precision. In other words, designed specifically to go downrange in high numbers and tight groups, as well as penetrate effectively. The perfected varmint rifle was being created.

Those rounds and concepts became the core upon which the entire AR-15 was formed. Polymers had been used many times already in civilian arms, as well; and so had aluminum and more "pistol-style" grips than traditional. All the pieces had been on the table for decades, with only the round being developed within ten years or so of the rifle.

Stoner was no fool, but Armalite was a small business full of glorified hobbyists. That's one of the things that really pissed people off. They took what they saw and modified it. One of their most interesting innovations, the composite barrel, is just now flirting with popularity.

In many ways the AR-15 was either inspired or preceded by civilian innovation and weaponry. The really shitty thing about it all? You used to be able to easily dig this stuff up. Now you can't, unless you want to waste time or get paid for it.

I won't be presenting any sources, either. Not even going to look. Not even going to dig up the initial intent firearm that was indeed designed with civilian use in mind, as Armalite wanted to hit the big markets when the red tape held them up.

Why? It's a pain in the ass now, and it doesn't matter anymore. It's too late. Either way, I've watched that information pulled and edited for a number of years now, and buried. You ain't never getting it back unless you hit a library, and even books aren't safe these days.

Cheers,

Kennith

I didnt mention the AR10, nor did the OP. Thanks for the insight though.

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
Damn dude, I guess NASCAR's going to see the end of days since stocks can be used as weapons. wow.

Damn dude.

A car was developed to move shit around.

A shotgun was developed to put lots of holes in living things.

Again, I can use a samurai sword to cut my dinner steak...that doesn't make it a kitchen tool.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Damn dude.

A car was developed to move shit around.

A shotgun was developed to put lots of holes in living things.

Again, I can use a samurai sword to cut my dinner steak...that doesn't make it a kitchen tool.

So a car was developed to 'move shit around'? Not racing? is it possible cars can do both?

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
I didnt mention the AR10, nor did the OP. Thanks for the insight though.

True. I added that part last, because it connected the dots a bit.

The history of anything Armalite is more complicated than usual. They were just about as crazy as Kel-Tec.

Some seriously clever fuckers, though.

Cheers,

Kennith

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
So a car was developed to 'move shit around'? Not racing? is it possible cars can do both?

What?

If I take a Disco speeding around Daytona or an F1 to go grocery shopping, neither changes the fact that they are still cars.

If I use a rifle to poke evenly spaced holes in paper such that I can nicely arrange said paper into a 3-ring binder, that does not change the fact that the rifle is a weapon.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
What?

If I take a Disco speeding around Daytona or an F1 to go grocery shopping, neither changes the fact that they are still cars.

If I use a rifle to poke evenly spaced holes in paper such that I can nicely arrange said paper into a 3-ring binder, that does not change the fact that the rifle is a weapon.

It also doesn't change the fact that a stockcar is still a car. May have been developed to move shit from A to B but they can also race and go real fast in sport. They can also race and go real fast while mowing people down in the process. Cars evolve, guns evolve, people evolve.

What's your point?