Poll: Who likes the new BBS?

What do you think of the new Discoweb BBS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Faster and prettier

Prettier it may be, but wait until everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I wonder how much time will it take to upload all the avatars... At some point, people discover the beauty of an animated GIF as an avatar :)

Ray Wallace

Apr 19, 2004
Northern California
I'm sure it will be fine after I get used to it and if it will let me login without such a fight. Like the "preview" of the first post when I put my mouse on it. In a few weeks we'll all be happy, I'll bet, if we can get access to all the prior posts and archives.

hrrovr1

Apr 20, 2004
SW MO
"The buttons are different." "What was wrong with the old one?" "I don't want to have to learn this all over again." "Why did I have to put all my personal stuff in again." "What is all that extra stuff for?" "I can't find all the topics I was following." "Blah blah, blah blah, blah blah." That should cover most of the generic complaints you get when upgrading anything. Just a small pebble in the road to better functionality. Oops. Forgot one...."I hate the freakin' tailgate!"

Bud

koby

Mar 26, 2004
Orange, CA
koby.sigmadata.net
Peter-

I'm doing my share to contribute to the conservation of Discoweb... I turned off the "View Avatars" option in the control panel.

I have always hated avatars anyway.

Jake

Apr 20, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
I like the functionality of it, reminds me of Mercedes Shop Forum and a Diesel forum I visit now and then. The avatars I could do without, but I am a low-tech guy........ All in all, an improvement once you figure out all the features.

D

dcaton

Who likes the new BBS?

Its back ....... I was having withdrawls......

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
use of avatars

Craig,

that's a good thing - OTOH, given with how much sentiment Blue was able to express with as little as his post counts, I'm afraid I may miss out a lot if I turn off the avatars!