Radio code 1998 D1

seismic

Nov 15, 2017
Toronto
Try as I might, entering the radio code fails: the same code as ever, it just bleeps at the last digit but instead of being ready to work it just goes on displaying 'CODE'. I've tried disconnecting the battery again overnight but it's just the same. It's the original factory radio, and I'm using the same code as ever, from an old service receipt.

Ideas anyone?

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Dont disconnect the battery. If it locks out it needs to be powered up for an hour or so to unlock and allow code attempts again. You get 3 shots before it locks out. Id mash all the keys first to make sure none stick. And if it beeps mid code start over from the beginning

bsa_m21

Sep 27, 2016
Vancouver Canada
Try leaving the ignition key in the on position for more than 60 minuets, then put the code in.

Or drive for more than an hour before entering the code. The ignition has to be on for at least one continuous hour (whether the engine is running or not, for the radio to unlock. Switching it off any time short of the hour and you have to do it all over again (don't ask how I know.............. )

M.
96 D1