D1 Oil Pressure Light on idle and heavy leaking

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
For future reference, There are at least three types of OEM 180 stats out there. The OEM 180 thermostat from AB runs around 12 degrees hotter than the grey OEM one from Lucky 8.

Yeah, the one that came with the kit from AB is an 88? C which is about 190? F. Good to know.

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
Well, I replaced the water pump, radiator cap, thermostat and coolant hoses. Alas, the problem still exists. It the coolant definitely warms faster than the other disco. But again, the compression test showed all cylinders with similar compression. Could be radiator issue. I need to flush the coolant on other disco so I may just swap with known good radiator to test before shelling out $500 for a new one (only to find it didn't fix it).

Planning vacuum test and coolant pressure test next.

Other thoughts?

glester

Jul 11, 2017
Seattle
And the other thing is that it feels like the engine runs smoother and has a bit more power than the one that isn't overheating. Go figure.

Jimmy

Apr 10, 2006
Aurora, CO
It's probably a thing of the past, but back in the day a radiator shop could flow test. That was a way of determining whether or not to repair/replace a radiator.

Good luck.