Group Buy; DemerBox Pelican Case BlueTooth Speaker

MapleME

Dec 6, 2016
new england
If any of you want in on the group buy...see below

Hey gang- "roverbox" (minus the quotes) is the group buy code. This code will expire on 12/27...so the sooner you get your order in, the sooner it ships. Especially important for those of you who are teyingbfor Christmas. They will do their darndest to make that happen with priority shipping (but not guaranteed).

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
you guys are ridiculous, you realize that right?

Ridiculous? Perhaps. It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone has called me that (I do drive a Land Rover, after all). I prefer to characterize it as critical thinking. At the same time, critical thinking occasionally manifests itself in crude ways with certain folks on this site.

kk88rrc

Don't worry Josh... just slap a Yeti sticker on it and there will be a bunch dropping 5 bills for it just to have it bounce around in their pickup.

edit:
Forgot to mention... I know one of the developers and heard one of their prototypes years ago and it was great. The current model must be even better and would fit some people's needs. Josh is just trying to help out the Rover community with a deal... he's not the seller.

Jan 25, 2010
your moms bed
That may be fine for a rusted out D1 but no self respecting D90 owner would be caught dead with such a cheap imitation in they're rig. No matter how good it sounded or how durable ,waterproof etc. This just goes to show how out of touch you are Dan.

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
I like music. I listen to music every single day. Sometimes I listen to music for hours at a time non-stop. I've tried to understand this product. I can't. It plays music and maybe it's high quality speakers or something. I doubt it, but whatever. I've paid $400+ for an MP3 player/speaker before. I have a Bose player. It sounds nice. But I bought that a long time ago. A $400 speaker today should rock the house and deliver audiophile sound quality. For $400 I can have a speaker made by Harmon Kardon, Bang & Olufsen, or even Bose. While these may not be Focal Utopia or even Sennheiser high-end products, they're still going to match the sound quality of your shitty bootleg pirated MP3's or Pandora playlist.

The manufacturer claims on their website this product is acoustically tuned. I doubt it. It's some no-name speakers jammed into a Pelican 1300. The baffle is out of a JC Whitney catalog. Ever seen the inside of a Bose wave radio? That's what acoustically tuned is. Maybe the kid building this shitty products just thinks that having enough airspace for the speaker is acoustically tuning.

This product is 20 watts. I don't know if that's RMS or peak wattage, but it's not that impressive when you compare it to other players. That's the norm. I don't think you'll be rocking out with your cock out to this player.

The battery life is nice. Hell, for the size of this suitcase it should have about double that in battery life. You could fit a 12-pack of li-ion batteries in this case and still have room for 2 more speakers. But 45 hours is nice. $400 nice, though? I can charge my Eco speaker for days with my Antigravity pack and still have $200 left over to buy weed and a shower show at Razorburn City in Mathis, WV.

This product is large, irregular and difficult to stow, does not produce piss your neighbors off volume, and it's not even water tight. Obviously this manufacturer has never been to MAR. All you have here is some speakers in a Pelican case - that's like putting speakers in your Yeti cooler and jacking the price up 200%.......but I guess they do that already, too.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CB1/Alpine-PWD-CB1.html?tp=63331