Rocks: AOP Sat 26th

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
I would like to run a few trails at Adventure Off-Road Park in South Pittsburgh TN the Saturday and/or Sunday after Thanksgiving if anyone is interested. I don't like to run those trails solo, so please chime in or PM if interested.

A bit of info about AOP: Private park with general admission most weekends unless there's a buggy event. I think it's $10 or $15 / day. The trails are connected by fire roads, most of which are easily driveable for any 4x4. There are a few that would be fun in a stockish Rover including one or two fairly steep but short hill climb/descents that are challenging in wet conditions, but it's been bone dry this year. However, most of the "intermediate" or "moderate" trails can be extremely challenging, even when dry: be prepared for body damage. (The "difficult" trails are buggy only.) Great day out for those who like to crawl but also for those who want to run some fire roads and then watch or ride along.

It's about 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Knoxville, and about an hour and half from Nashville. Primitive camping if you want to stay Sat night with bathrooms & showers on site. There are a few budget hotels nearby in Kimball TN. Not sure what the burn-ban situation is in that county, but it's been smokey for the past week or so and you can smell hickory in the air...

http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/

pics

Last edited:

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Change of plans. I was reminded that I have a Santa breakfast to attend with a toddler on 26th :)

Trip moved to dec 3. Mods please delete and I'll post up a new thread. Thank you.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
would you consider Sunday the 27th? I wanted to run AOP and Sunday was the day I have been given the okay by the wife... Thinking about driving up on Saturday and camping and then wheeling on Sunday.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Wish I could but I'll be ferrying another son to the airport. But let me know if you can finagle the 3rd.

If you're not far from AOP, I would roll down Sat afternoon (26th) and meet you for a few hours of wheeling after Santa. Lemme know.

Last edited:

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Hit AOP today. Good day. Still on for Sat 3rd. Let me know if anyone's up for it.

Last edited:

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Yes, the majority of the green trails are easily passable by any stock 4x4 when dry, as they are now. They are basically the connector roads between the "moderate" blue and black buggy trails. There are a handful of shorter green side trails that may challenge a stock truck but shouldn't result in any damage and would make for some fun trail rides.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Alright Southeastern web wheelers: We're going to try this shit again in spring. And I don't want to hear any bullshit. Wheel your shit. Otherwise it's akin to Rover masturbation.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Wish I could do it but my Disco is not up to snuff for AOP. If there's interest in a non off road park WNC/E Tenn trail ride sometime in the spring I'd be in

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
I'll definitely be out there in Spring (both AOP & Windrock) with a few other trucks and will post up in advance!

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
All good. When we wheel, we wheel cool. We'll run some greens and then you can just ride shotgun on the rock trails. I tolerate no wheeling hazing. It's all about having a good time.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
I'll be planning a few trips in Spring to AOP & to Aetna Mountain in Spring. Iv'e got a membership so we can roll a Rover group on something other than an open weekend, meaning less traffic on the trail and fewer yahoos. Just heads up for those who may be interested in doing some wheeling. Will post up a thread when I've got some dates.