Check your fire extinguishers!

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
I work in this industry. I won’t sell those crap ass Kiddes. The consistently leak or fail to discharge. Along with those crap Strike First or First Strike extinguishers you get at Home Depot. I sell nothing but Amerex and have no issues.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
This is a reminder I need an extinguisher to keep in the Disco. Suggestions on size, ratings, brands? I'll cross Kidde off the list...

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
An Amerex 2.5 pound is usually fine. A 5# is better. It's about the size of a 2 liter bottle of soda.

ABC is fine. They are affordable. But they make a hell of a mess. Especially if you have to use it inside. I personally have a 5# Halotron. It leaves no residue at all. But remember to hold your breath before you spray it. Not good to breathe in. Unfortunately they are prcey. You do loose a bit of the B rating (fuel/grease/oil fire) when going w Halon but the zero clean up is worth it in my book.

KngTgr

May 20, 2005
Fairfax, VA
Yeap, I recently participated in a bulk buy and got 2 of the Kidde myself, my company bought about 400, waiting on the replacements

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
Well, I was going to replace my 10yr old extinguishers with new ones. I'll see if they're on the list and get free replacements. :)