Diesel Conversion Advice Needed

DiscJS

Oct 25, 2017
Nottingham
Hello, Disco Web thanks for the add.

I am here today because my father is not to computer savvy so he asked me to jump on here and ask you guys a couple of questions. He owns a 2008 Range Rover Sport that he has owned since new and he is now looking into converting his petrol engine into a Diesel. What he wants to know is what kind of cost is he looking at to get the job done? in terms of performance what kind of changes should he expect? And pretty much any other advice you guys can share so he can make a decision. Really looking forward to some replies guys if you need any other info let me know and I will ask my father.

Thanks
range_rover_0.png

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
tell him to just chuck the '08 and get a TDV6

if he doesnt know how to change the 08 to diesel he shouldnt be contemplating it...

1of40

Oct 23, 2017
Va
The days of swapping engines have passed my friend. Buy-Use-Dispose-Repeat

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Can you even get a wiring diagram and repair manual like RAVE for those, or is it classified rover data? I imagine youd have to change some settings using dealer only tools. At the end of the project youd have something that might be, but probably isnt as reliable as what you could have traded out for

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Can you even get a wiring diagram and repair manual like RAVE for those, or is it classified rover data? I imagine youd have to change some settings using dealer only tools. At the end of the project youd have something that might be, but probably isnt as reliable as what you could have traded out for

Anyone can access Topix, which covers all models, but you have to pay for access or be a dealership employee. The aftermarket diagnostic tools can actually do more than the factory tools in many cases.

Selling the car and just buying a diesel 100% makes the most sense.

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Anyone can access Topix, which covers all models, but you have to pay for access or be a dealership employee. The aftermarket diagnostic tools can actually do more than the factory tools in many cases.

Selling the car and just buying a diesel 100% makes the most sense.

^^^ yes.