1998 Disco 1 LSE- Overland Modified

cbalthazor

Jun 21, 2016
Portland, OR
1998 Land Rover Discovery 1 LSE- Setup and Ready to Overland Travel- Willow Green, 119xxx miles

**note, somewhat flexible on price feel free to make an offer on the setup you want. please pm and i can send pictures of anything!

With Rack and accessories (HAM Radio, CB Radio, Warn Winch Accessories Kit (2 snatch blocks, 2 tree straps, 2 straps, 4 shackles) Front Runner 'Wolf Pack' Box, and two NATO Fuel Cans, plus the small spares I have around (oil filters, electrical, DVD + Paper Manual, ETC): $7000
Without Rack and Accessories: $5500

Overall fair to excellent shape. I purchased last year in the spring, modified it to use for my wedding and honeymoon afterwards which was awesome. My wife and I found out that we are more the 'need a vehicle to get to the trailhead' than vehicle to go offroad in, so we've decided to part with the Disco. Truck has a black driver's side fender(green one was replaced for trail rash), and the hood is a souvenir from my wedding, so hood will be replaced with a one from a junkyard that can be painted flat black as we'd like to keep the painted hood on the truck currently. No Check Engine lights, ABS Works, and I would take the truck anywhere. In fact just completed a trip to Bend last weekend.

Here's the info, starting with the goodies:

Overland Modifications:
-TerraFirma 2" Medium Lift (springs and shocks)
-Maxxis BigHorn Tires (less than 15,000miles old) with papers from Les Schwab. Full size spare.
-Safari Gard Front and Rear Bumpers
-Warn M8000 Mounted in Front Bumper
-TerraFirma Panhard Rod
-Front Runner Roof Rack (ARB Awning Drivers Side, Hi Lift Jack Holder Pass Side, Fuel Can Mount for roof) Roof Rack also has two LED lights on front, two on the back for driving or while camping.
-Rear Ladder
-Custom Blue Sea Fuse Panel and Thermal Circuit Breaker off of the battery for accessory electronics.
-Custom wood cargo box in rear, bolted down, very handing for kitchen gear and camp supplies + offroad gear.
-Steel Panel for rear cargo door, ready to be built out with a table/kitchen accessory mount.
-Trasharoo, Cup Holders, Tablet Mount for Navigation,

Vehicle Maintenance: Rover's need maintenance, I spent a lot of time catching this one up. I honestly believe that the price reflects the maintenance performed on the truck and also aftermarket parts added to make a capable rig. Work was done by myself, a former heavy equipment dealer technician with an eye for detail. I have all receipts for parts that were used, and a binder of records.

-Spring 2017: Reseal Transfer Case Inspection Plate, Fill T-CAse with new oil. Replace Auto Transmission Cooler Lines. Grease U-Joints, confirm/add grease to swivel housings.

-Winter 2017: Add Terrafirma Panhard Rod. Oil Changed. Air Filter Replaced. Repair Sunroofs and Paint headliner with truck bedliner. Replaced Power Steering Lines and Power Steering Box with rebuilt Meridian unit (no more leaks!). Rotated tires. New greasable ball joints added to Steering Rod. Added aftermarket stereo with bluetooth, wired directly to speakers.

-Summer 2016: Head gaskets replaced. Heads shaved by machine shop. Lifter preload confirmed to be in spec upon reassembly.
During head gasket replacement, all gaskets were replaced with new, and new head bolts were used (don't reuse rover head bolts!). Also replaced was: Water Pump, Fan Belt, thermostat, fan belt, timing chain/gears, spark plugs and wires, Radiator, and Radiator Hoses. The Rover runs great, I am a dedicated Scangauge user and see usually around 190*F in town and 186*F on the freeway. Returns 13.6mpg highway with premium hand calculated, hauling bikes on a hitch rack and gear on the roof.

-Spring 2016: Exhaust Leak repaired by Green Oval Motors. U-Joints on front drive shaft replaced.

-Winter 2016: Entire Brake System Rebuilt. Replaced pads/rotors, master cylinder, and rebuilt calipers as needed. Auto Trans Serviced. Differential Oil Changed. Heavy Duty CAT Battery Installed.

Honestly, the truck is in great shape though with any 19 year old vehicle it is an evergoing battle. Some potential projects are:
Cruise Control does not work.
Rear Main has a slight weep.
Front swaybar bushings could be replaced- slight clunk when going over the right bump
Rear windows could use outer seal replaced.
Passenger Side Seat Ripped
Center Console replaced with wooden piece

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
Tough crowd. I love that green. Hate that light sand interior slathered in fake wood. Swap some SD cards and get rid of that awful hood...I think it's a nice truck. Tons of work done.

Good luck with the sale.

Hard Core overlanding Rulzz

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
To truly be branded "overland worthy" it involves a weekend with Garret and Justin with a very special stagecoach ride...

cbalthazor

Jun 21, 2016
Portland, OR
Update. I'd consider the floor mats in ok shape but they don't hold water well, so your call. If you want I can sell them to you :smilelol:

Hood replaced with a used black one that is in good shape. Still some colorful paint pen marks on the bumper to class it up and give you the urban camo look that you've always needed, you just never knew it.

Warn m8000 removed, so the grill is trimmed and looks like the shit show that DChapman says it is. Again, nothing asserts road dominance in the city like mismatched body panels and trimmed components. Also ready for whatever harbor freight special winch you want to put up front, since you won't feel bad trimming the grill.

Just went up to the mountain, uh, "roverlanding" (hahaha), and took a few shitty pictures. You'll have to tilt your head sideways to view them because I am not going to figure out why they rotated when uploaded. Willing to take $3500 w/o the rack, $4500 with the rack, awning, and cans. Basically everything from the first post is still accurate, except that I've removed the M8000 and replaced the hood.

Thanks, or not.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php