FS: 1994 RRC LWB 97k miles - no rust, original

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
Does anybody know who these guys are? How they get their cars?

Call me at 423-401-8416 ... I am the owner/founder of Second Daily. This one we pleaded and begged a local to list with us. Others we get sent (like a 7k mile hi-cap 110 fire truck just today :)

Feel free to call or email with any questions about how it all works.

Stephen

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
$12k, Reserve not met.

Gives me hope that my rusted POS is worth $4k :D

RRC's are seeing some good appreciation in the market. Especially rust free low mileage fully sorted ones like this...they just dont come up very often. This one still has the HOLD tabs unbroken, the door / key chimes work, as do all the electrics including the key fob. rare find indeed

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
That truck is a beauty.

It is a beauty, but not a truck.

I've had two RRC. Given up on trying to get their AC to work in 100 deg and heating even remotely workable in -20. Given up. Probably '95 would be better.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
way too harsh of conditions for a RRC to be driven!!

Pretty much. Never got the heat to work well and I tried a ton. Driving in snow and really cold the 90 and 93 could barely keep the screen from freezing. Mine were in great shape too. I do think 95 might do better. At least the 110 deg days are not common here.

Paul Grant

Sep 8, 2004
CT
I remember one snowy trip between Kennebunkport, ME and NYC in my then brand new '94 LWB where it was so cold that all the side windows had ice on the inside. The heated windshield couldn't keep up with ice on the outside of the glass. It was a miserable drive. The HVAC system in those RRC's was a miserable.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
good lord...what did they do, install another RRC in it??

Unfortunately I had rodent damage under the dash which took many hours to trace and repair.

Good thing this was covered by insurance as dash was out as well as most of the interior.

Next was the top end of the engine needed a rebuild - took it to 2 other shops who said it ran fine or had no idea what was wrong.

Last many smaller issues were addressed since it was there.

So all in all $10k worth of work.

The Rangie is in "pretty good" shape though....

It was basically redone by ECR before taking it to Switzerland with us.

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
Unfortunately I had rodent damage under the dash which took many hours to trace and repair.

Good thing this was covered by insurance as dash was out as well as most of the interior.

Next was the top end of the engine needed a rebuild - took it to 2 other shops who said it ran fine or had no idea what was wrong.

Last many smaller issues were addressed since it was there.

So all in all $10k worth of work.

The Rangie is in "pretty good" shape though....

It was basically redone by ECR before taking it to Switzerland with us.

very nice (in a good they fixed it sort of way). Hopefully they installed a new fan motor system for you. Mine 94 needs about 2-3 days worth of work to bring it up to more daily standards. CV's and brakes are going in next week I hope. Fuel is cutting out on me lately, going to start with the MAF and see what's up.