Spain/Portugal/Morocco Recs

leeawalden

Feb 21, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It has been a very time since I have posted on this board. Though out of the rover scene for the last several years, i have still been lurking from time to time. I have lined up a contact in England that I am working with on sourcing an import in 2019, so I hope to be a regular again soon enough.

However, I am planning a trip to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco soon and am curious if any dwebbers have some travel recs?

Barcelona, Lisbon, Nazare, Seville, Fes are the cities we are looking at over 18 days.

TIA for any recs!

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
In Spain I highly recommend Granada. If you are already planning to visit Sevilla then Granada is close by and worth checking out. Plan for a full day in the Alhambra, and get there early for the best light/smallest crowds. I have only been to Tangier in Morocco and I wouldn’t encourage you to linger there longer than necessary. Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

CORover

Jun 11, 2007
Colorado, USA
Barcelona was great. Took the "get on, get off" bus for a few days to see all the usual tourist stuff, except the Bernabeu, we are Real Madrid fans! The buses were hot during the hottest summer days, but still great for seeing everything, includes audio IIRC. Dan Brown's Origin book spends a lot of time in Barcelona and covers some of the historical spots and museums.

Name your source, I will be looking for a 1995 Defender 110 when they are legal to import.

leeawalden

Feb 21, 2005
Atlanta, GA
In Spain I highly recommend Granada. If you are already planning to visit Sevilla then Granada is close by and worth checking out. Plan for a full day in the Alhambra, and get there early for the best light/smallest crowds. I have only been to Tangier in Morocco and I wouldn?t encourage you to linger there longer than necessary. Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

That is a great write up! Thank you for sharing! I have gotten through a bit of it but couldn't help to post.

It sounds like you rented a car? How was travel between the borders?

We are looking at renting a car in Barca and doing park avail AirBnB in Lisbon, Nazare, Sevilla, and doing daily in Tarifa for 4 days while in Fes and Tangier before crossing back to Spain to drive to Barca and return to Atlanta.

I am hoping my travels will land me on a 90!

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
Just got back from Portugal. Had an amazing time. I visited Porto and Lisbon; both were fantastic. If you visit Porto, have a meal at Pedro Dos Frangos. Try the fried octopus. So cheap and so good..

There's so much to see that I can't even start to tell it all, but I suggest a rental car so you can explore smaller towns, too.

I posted a few photos from my trip on the 'gram:

https://www.instagram.com/desertdefender/