Disco 5: Let the depression set in

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
One of these things is not like the other...

90c4641860e55aebc137ad13b3cccbc0d84379d7.jpg

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
There was a 5 parked next to my XC90 today at my son's soccer game. a tad bigger than I thought, but the lines just seemed off. I disliked it less than when I first saw them, but not exciting for me.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
There was a 5 parked next to my XC90 today at my son's soccer game. a tad bigger than I thought, but the lines just seemed off. I disliked it less than when I first saw them, but not exciting for me.

Next time you take your boring ass XC90 down to the dealership for your next round of heartache go drive a damn Discovery. Quit standing next to it and try one out. I drive both daily, I don't even like moving XC90's out of the way when they block in what I'm looking for.

You bought an XC90 for fucks sake, who gives a shit what you think about a Land Rover.

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
How courageous of me to express an opinion of an LR product on a forum based on that. :patriot:

I had not been close to one, and I was comparing it to what I know, my daily driver. My boring ass 90. To each his own, I like the 90, but I like Volvos in general.

If you love the 5, by all means have babies with it.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Jimmy, just drive one the next time you take your boring ass 90 to the dealership.

Where are you turning wrenches now BTW? I have yet to find that pic you asked about, but I keep an eye out.

Haha, if I wanted an SUV and not a Range Rover, I would definitely get a Volvo.

I'm at Land Rover Manhattan now, but we're moving to California next month, so I'll likely be a Land Rover Santa Monica.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
How courageous of me to express an opinion of an LR product on a forum based on that. :patriot:

I had not been close to one, and I was comparing it to what I know, my daily driver. My boring ass 90. To each his own, I like the 90, but I like Volvos in general.

If you love the 5, by all means have babies with it.

Sorry, just kind of a jolt to hear a Land Rover person say they parked an XC90 and wanted to get back in it. I'm not a fan of the Volvo. Any Volvo.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
My wife got a Disco Sport as a dealer loaner and we both preferred her XC60 over it. Obviously not apples to apples with a D5 but wasn’t impressed by the Sport

JackW

Mar 17, 2005
I had to drive a Disco Sport for a week - was not impressed. The same with the Evoque. They both ride harshly and are noisy - plus the seats are uncomfortable.