No Tail or Dash lights

chewy4000

May 31, 2005
I have read many reasons for these not too work, mostly the light switch itself. Removed it and cleaned it 3 times, bought another light switch,same exact problem.
Headlights turn on blinkers and brakes work, no tail lights or instrument cluster at all.
Work around or drive around is using rear fog light as running lights.

Any Ideas What Else to test or check?

Thanx in Advance
97 Disco SE7

Icannap1

Mar 3, 2015
OC, CA
Check fuses look at the following diagrams:
page 204 - 211 on the Rave electrical circuits H4 side lamps. That should get you started.

chewy4000

May 31, 2005
OK cool guys , thnx.
Checked real quick tonight the glove box bulb and looked normal connectors and bulb not blown. But also out, no light
So I guess tomorrow under daylight I'll check fuses better and rear tail housings.

Thnx

Frobisher

Dec 27, 2012
Pennsylvania
I just had the same problem recently (and 2 days before state inspection). Since the main talk often was the turn signal stalk, I pulled it and found it to be practically perfect. After re-install I checked the fuses, and fuse 8 was blown. Replaced it, blew again. Then, I pulled a possibly suspect tail light since I'd just had it out recently. With it disconnected, a new fuse still blew.

The only thing left was to check the junky after-market led side lamp on the front bumper installed by the PO. It was shorting and had already burned to black inside. Pulled it, replaced the few fuse, and bingo.

The moral of the story for me, as always it would seem, is assume it's an easy fix before going too deep. Bad wiring somewhere, so check all those points first.

Hunter

Apr 20, 2004
Charleston, SC
www.geocities.com
thanks for the reply!!

Yep same here , replaced the stalk, still blew F8.
Pulled the connector out of the glovebox light, and headed to get some more 10A fuses to test.

Also found a PO wired accessory wiring loom for some IPF lights that had connectors exposed, perhaps that was it...will check tail lights next if keeps blowing and nose around more in eng compartment.

Thanks,

Hunter

in the
I just had the same problem recently (and 2 days before state inspection). Since the main talk often was the turn signal stalk, I pulled it and found it to be practically perfect. After re-install I checked the fuses, and fuse 8 was blown. Replaced it, blew again. Then, I pulled a possibly suspect tail light since I'd just had it out recently. With it disconnected, a new fuse still blew.

The only thing left was to check the junky after-market led side lamp on the front bumper installed by the PO. It was shorting and had already burned to black inside. Pulled it, replaced the few fuse, and bingo.

The moral of the story for me, as always it would seem, is assume it's an easy fix before going too deep. Bad wiring somewhere, so check all those points first.