Roof rack flooring- SD rack

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
I have the Farmteck sections, and last truck I just did the upper and lower flat sections. Curious to know what anyone else has done, before I go cutting one of these up.

Longtallsally

Nov 28, 2016
UT
I did the Farmtek stuff- highly recommend. For anchor points, I got a few of these from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-universal-chrome-anchor-points-95182.html

My 230lb monkey butt walks around just fine on the chicken coop flooring and I have set places for things needing to be tied down (gas cans, water jug, moto riding gear). To be clear, I don’t use these solely for the anchor point, but just one side- the other goes to a rail for the rack for better safety/stability.

Reactions: pdXDisco97

CORover

Jun 11, 2007
Colorado, USA
First decision is 2, 3 or 4 sections, I just did three. Three seemed the best compromise of coverage and not wasting sections. It leaves a small section open on the bend between levels but my rational was that it let air pass through for less resistance. May or may not be true. The little bit that does hang over the bend was easily cable tied down after leaving it in the sun for a little while, it was quite pliable. I did cut a few very small notches out to make a tighter fit but not at the front. I just slid it up and left a straight line. it you want to go all custom there, you can make more notches but then you leave more open space and might need the 4th sheet. This was for a D1, a little shorter than a DII.