1996 Land Rover Discovery

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
What did you make the tail door interior panel out of . It looks like plastic treadplate sheets . I like the way you can hang different bags from the same locations . How are they attached, cant tell from the pics . I like the air from under the seat , that was good use of that space.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
What did you make the tail door interior panel out of . It looks like plastic treadplate sheets . I like the way you can hang different bags from the same locations . How are they attached, cant tell from the pics . I like the air from under the seat , that was good use of that space.

Rear door interior panel is aluminum treadplate, used the old plastic piece as a template and then cut it out. Self tapping screws the first time through, by the 2nd truck I ended up bolting it in. The bags are hanging off a metal molle panel sold by Springtail Solutions. They mostly cater to FJ's and Jeeps but their dimensions do facilate other applications.
r-
Ray

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Cyclones look good on a D1. Nice touch. Very well sorted truck.

Appreciate it, I had the benefit of staring at a wide collection of LR wheels that a buddy has and picking from the litter-I always liked the gray Cyclones and have been very happy with them on the truck.
r-
Ray