rip

kjg48359

Oct 19, 2004
Detoit MI
IMGP6334_zpsrsauzw12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite vehicle for a couple of years, and then I dropped a bearing on one of the piston crank arms and I sold it to a guy in OH who was able to fix the engine for cheap having a couple of spare p38's around.

However, I recently "butt dialed" him and eventually we re-connected. He also confessed that it was also the best vehicle he ever owned as well. I had originally spent a lot of time and money taking care of it. Things like new headliner, all new brake lines, new hoses under the hood, rebuilt calipers, tail gate straps etc. He even found a bush bar for it and just loved driving it.

But unfortunately, he told me his sister was driving it, and noticed some smoke coming out from the hood. She panicked, pulled over and called the fire department. Despite having a fire extinguisher in the vehicle, she waited for the fire department to arrive. By then, it was getting pretty bad. They didn't know what to do, so they axed the hood, front windshield, drivers door and window. In the end, it basically burned out. and now it's completely gone.

So sad. I still get depressed almost every time I see one, they were so great.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Sad. But not her fault. Cars aren't supposed to do that. Guy fucked up putting the engine in. Trans fluid is my guess. Fuel would have needed a spark to ignite. Trans fluid has the lowest flash point of all the fluids.