Range Rover Classic: Brake Pad Sensor Question

Britrover

Mar 8, 2014
Sunny FL
Hiya fellow discoweb members! I am in the process of doing a complete brake job with new hoses, pads, calipers and rotors on my 92 Range Rover Classic. Just waiting on the calipers to arrive to get started, but noticed the brake pads I got do not have the sensor attached. Did a query on the web and see compatible sensors for a 92 Range Rover Classic with or without sensors. This is the front and rear set I have: http://www.jcwhitney.com/1990-2017-...rake-pad-sets/p3088534d50115y1990-2017j1.jcwx

Can anyone familiar with this please advise if these pads are going to work or if I need to order ones with the sensors? Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Last edited:

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
I've ordered pads from BritPac and they've had the sensor wires. If you end up with pads without the wire, it's not the end of the world. You just won't get the dash light when your pads are getting thin.

azarmadillo

Nov 7, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
www.chadmanz.com
What brand of pads did you get? I'm a huge fan of Ferodo as they have the sensor wires and they don't squeak. I tried new genuine Land Rover made in India pads and those suck. They would squeak when the brakes WERE NOT being applied. Those lasted about 500 miles and in the trash they went. New Ferodo dropped in and no noise and they work great.