Ugandan Coffee - roasted to order

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
varova87 said:
Didn't get to raft the nile this time, but we're going back in December, so maybe then. I did, however, do something just as thrilling... it involves two wheels, a 100cc engine, and a crazy driver. You know exactly what I'm talking about, and I was scared for my life!
BODA BODA!!!

Hell yes, those guys are nucking futs!

My Marines and I werent "allowed" to ride on them.

If you go back and hit up Jinja please see if they still have the Quad Bike safaris there. Its run by a pair of Kiwi's. Really great people and they give a great "safari", which is nothing less than riding around the Nile and a few villages on a quad. If you do please tell them that the Marine Commander from 03 says hi.

Damn i want to go back.

Thanks!

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
msggunny said:
BODA BODA!!!

Hell yes, those guys are nucking futs!

My Marines and I werent "allowed" to ride on them.

If you go back and hit up Jinja please see if they still have the Quad Bike safaris there. Its run by a pair of Kiwi's. Really great people and they give a great "safari", which is nothing less than riding around the Nile and a few villages on a quad. If you do please tell them that the Marine Commander from 03 says hi.

Damn i want to go back.

Thanks!

haha familiar territory. yes, they do still have the quad bike safari company over there. If I hadn't been so short on time, I would have done it. Just over $100 for a full day, I think it came out to.

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
kk88rrc said:
Just curious... what are you using to roast the beans?

Various methods, but all use a stream of hot air. It agitates the beans and ensures the most even roast. Popcorn popper is a great way to start. About to place an order for a shiny new system!

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
update: coffee will be here next thursday/friday. Taking orders via paypal.
Send paypal to jhamby (at) liberty (dot) edu. In the notes/email section, please include the shipping address, how many lbs, and preferred roast type. City roast is the typical roast for those of you who just want the norm. $15/per lb to the east coast states, $20/lb to west. Mention you are from DWEB and 15% comes back to the bbs.

edit: beans are whole, not ground. you will get them less than 4 days old.

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
New coffee is here, arrived in country two days ago. I've got a few orders to fill and ship, but I've got about 7 lbs of this stuff left. Gitcha some!

Skaramunga

Sep 25, 2004
Kennedrunkport, Oxidationland
jrose609 said:
I learned something new today. Also learned I don't want to eat monkey poop coffee.

i saw that on bizarre foods, that show is crazy. i think i would definitely try the civet coffee. sounds like a fucking insane cup a joe. i heard it's pretty damn expensive.

they say the civet takes all the bitterness of the coffee out, which is kinda part of the show, but hey i'll try almost anything once.

Attachments

• Asian_Palm_Civet.jpg
    Asian_Palm_Civet.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3

varova87

Mar 21, 2006
Texas
Skaramunga said:
shit this coffee is great. the PM shit is down...thanks man!

the light roast was very good, i'm on the dark now.

it's like drinking black gold from the bosom of africa herself!

good to hear. I'm considering doing it as a side business, I've got lots of local interest and good feedback from buyers so far.