Boston fishing

LostInBoston

Banned
Apr 19, 2004
Wandering aimlessly
Well i might as well start off the new section with a relevant post :)

Im stuck in boston this summer and would like to do some fishing. Anyone know of a good place around here that has a boat some college guys can take out. so basically cheap, but nice. How far out onto the cape will i have to go? I usually go fishin in NJ or FL.

Jaime

Apr 29, 2004
NJ
Rick

How about chartering a nice 45 footer with captain out of port Judith RI and let him take you and your buddies out for some cod and blues.

LostInBoston

Banned
Apr 19, 2004
Wandering aimlessly
Jaime,
thats what i was thinking, but i dont know where is a good place to go to get a charter boat. do you know of any good ones? in fl a whole day can get pretty expensive. what are the prices like up here?

Jaime

Apr 29, 2004
NJ
Rick,

Unfortunately my info is about 20 years old, since that's the last time I was in RI. And all it cost was my share of the fuel because the guy that took us out was a friend's girlfriend's father. His name is Harold Smith, but I have no idea if he's still doing it.

Jamooche

Apr 20, 2004
Boston
www.jamilabbasy.com

Ronan

Apr 20, 2004
www.roxs.us
Rick - I have spent several years travelling to the Cape for striper and blue fishing. I second the opinion to hit the beaches in and around Orleans. Best times are usually late may/june and then again in aug/sep when the fish migrate past the shores. Fish the tides, find any point or jetty and cast across the current. I fly-fish with large clousers and deceivers (chartreuse color or white for day, blacks for night). Tons of schoolies (1-5 lbs) with the odd 15-20 lb fish. This is a blast especially at night. Email me offboard if you want more info.

Cheers.

Jason
ROXS 47