2005 LR3 ignition fault codes

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Okay boys, I've changed out about 6 of these coil packs since I've gotten the LR. It runs super smooth. But it was sputtering last week and now it's really bad. I read the codes and it said ignition coil packs A and B along with cylinder misfires on 2,3,5,6. I reset and read again. This time it said packs A,B,D,F and G, along with a misfire on cylinder 6. Im now concerned that it's not just coil packs but a bigger issue? It never showed ignition coil groups before.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Assuming you don't just have another bad coil pack, I would start looking towards the capacitor on the passenger side of the intake.

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Alright boys! Ordered new coil pack set and spark plugs. Problem is on my number 2 cylinder the bolt holding down the coil pack was so tight it was spinning the holding but on the bottom side and needed to be ground out. What a pain that was... Bottom line is don't worry about the fault codes reading A-F on IGNITION faults. It pertains to cylinders, it was a re-code on cylinder misfirings. Changed out the faulty cylinders and it's purring like a kitten.