Hot Dawg!

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
ptschram said:
They are USED oil heaters! Waste oil is contaminated and a hazardous waste. USED oil is non-haz, non-DOT regulated.

I'm still burning diesel fuel in my salamander. Until propane falls to less than 40% the cost of diesel, it's cheaper and more efficient to burn diesel. I need two more drums and I can buy untaxed diesel fuel for about $1.70/gallon-(WITH free delivery!) and then, heat's cheap.

Lovin' Indian Summer!

PT

Oops used oil furnace. We have ran dry on used oil in years past. At the time we were able to get the oil guy to deliver off road diesel without the taxes. We have a diesel forklift and it uses alot of diesel you see.

The great benefit to us is that we move quick to drain the fluids from our salvageable inventory. Thus keeping the yard clean and us warm.

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Update. Still going strong. :bigok:

I only have to fill the big tank twice a year. Once in September and again in late January or early Febuary. After the second fill I'll have about 40 percent or so left over for next season.

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Update. Still going strong.:bigok:

It is rainy and 53 degrees outside. In the shop it is a balmy 77 degrees.

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Bump!:eek:

Anyone know how to recover the thumbnail pics in this thread? I would like to print some of them out as I cannot locate the originals I had.:banghead:

Update!

Still running great after 8 years.

I have added a 300 gallon tank because of the gas company. Other than that everything is the same.

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
No Dice!:banghead:

They were on the D-Web server.

When I click the attachment it opens a blank white window.