Fuel cans FS

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Got two red metal fuel cans for sale; have had them for a few years but never used. They have sat in the garage the entire time. Located in Northern VA. Any reasonable (non cheap fuckstick) offers? Thinking $100 for both. Got to snap pics of the actual ones this weekend but they look like the Wavian jerrycans on EE. If someone local, can deliver anywhere between Fburg, VA and Bethesda, MD area.

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I know. I have one newer Wedco NATO-style can, one CARB can that I picked up while I lived in California, and two older NATO-style cans. I need to standardize. :)

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Hey guys, sorry for delayed reonse. Took a few pics today. Was able to locate one spout thus far and it looks to be the Carb compliant type - same as the ones that come with the cans fs on EE.

Dan, let me know what your thoughts are, since you replied first. If no dice then I'd be willing to box and ship to Stu with the provided UPS label.

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t396/Ballah06/Jerrycans/image.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Dmitri - if the spouts came from EE before the price went up to $80/can, those are not formally CARB-compliant.
But - who gives a rat's ass?

I also found last week that the spouts from Wedco jerrycans don't fit NATO cans - the little thingy (crushed nearly-flat pipe) that allows the air to enter the can while the gas is being poured out is flatter and wider on Wedco spout than the mating part on a NATO can.
Which makes me wonder - I have probably five or six NATO cans and a couple of Wedco ones, need to make sure my spouts are in order.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, that is the spouts I like. If you're willing to separate the spout from the can I'll take it.

Dan, sorry for late response, was travelling. I would rather keep the spout and cans together and try to sell them as a package.

Anyone else interested in the whole package?