D1 OEM Radio Display Bulb

Chuckwagon976

Dec 5, 2013
Ft. Worth, Texas
Ohms inverted are between 30-32 mega ohms. Starts around 17 M ohms and rises to about 32 M ohms and what is this supposed to tell me? I would like where and how on the board I can bench test the running and headlight coming on and what the voltage through the radio should be?

DougG

Oct 7, 2006
Cooperstown NY
Please keep us posted on what you find. I have a Disco 1 radio that the screen doesn't light up. I changed the bulbs out with LEDs and it still didn't work. I then took the radio out of my RRC and installed it into the Disco. That screen didn't light up either which makes me wonder if it is in the wiring behind the radio possibly.

Chuckwagon976

Dec 5, 2013
Ft. Worth, Texas
I am trying to up my electrical and circuit board education level to try and figure this thing out. I have a couple of the displays. On one of the displays, one of the 3 original lamp was still working other 2 two burnt out and on the other display the all three lamps were definitely burnt out. Not sure if the issue is a result of incorrect resistance due to the leds or my poor soldering skills on the board. Will post more as I figure it out. Robertf seems to have some pretty good knowledge on this kind of stuff, hopefully he will chime in with some more wisdom.