Disco 5: Let the depression set in

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
The great thing about the Disco 5 ( and this thread ) is that it put the 4Runner on my radar. That TRD Pro isn't too bad at all.

The Off Road and Pro both offer the rear locker that is dead reliable. We've have a number of them on the courses and they do very well. The stock base trucks not nearly as well though. They are quite nice.

Still won't make you cool though.

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
1971 when the discussion was a Series III no longer was a real Rover because it had a plastic dash instead of the metal one on the IIa that the III replaced.

I was thinking about the first Rangies, but yeah, that too.

Land Rover went to shit as soon as they moved the seat from the middle.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

You fags sound like a bunch of fags bitching about who bought the wrong eyeliner before the big gang fuck.

JackW

Mar 17, 2005
Land Rover went to shit as soon as they moved the seat from the middle.

You need to read the book "We Found our Engineer" about the man who was the chief engineer on the Land Rover. The center steer design was an unworkable disaster of an idea that was thankfully scrapped after the very first test drive.

here's a video of the new Discovery in action. Since I've already got one on order I guess I'll never be one of the "cool kids".

https://youtu.be/srxFvVgKgrQ

I've hiked up that mountain that they drove the Range Rover Sport down( the Schilthorn in the Lauterbrunnen Valley in Switzerland) and I'm pretty damned impressed. The first half mile down the glacier is pretty damn steep and I had to wonder how they got the car up there. If they drove it up that would be even more impressive.

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
You need to read the book "We Found our Engineer" about the man who was the chief engineer on the Land Rover. The center steer design was an unworkable disaster of an idea that was thankfully scrapped after the very first test drive....

I was being very sarcastic, pointing out the folly in bitching about the evolution of our favorite products.

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
I don't like how the new curvy models look. It has nothing to do with previous models are better because of______. They look hideous to me. I dont like the curves and I especially hate the big rims. F off if you think my opinion is invalid because a Series III had a plastic dash or a DII had electronic traction control and no CDL. They used to look Rover and uniqur in the sea of automobiles. Now they look like Ford Explorer and Kia/Hyundai love children. They are nice automobiles in terms of features and quality but they look awful. The Range Rover has probably one more iteration before it is just as curvy.

JackW

Mar 17, 2005
Dweb's vehicle scale: D1 <---------------> shit

I think your scale needs to be extended:

Series IIA...Defender....Series III...Range Rover Classic...Series 1...D1...D2...other Land Rovers...shit...Freelander

As I see it you're pretty squarely in the middle

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I think your scale needs to be extended:

Series IIA...Defender....Series III...Range Rover Classic...Series 1...D1...D2...other Land Rovers...shit...Freelander

As I see it you're pretty squarely in the middle

I wouldn't burn too much energy arguing with you over that scale.

Edit: My 5000th post. I need to get a life.