Uwharrie Safari 2017 April 6th-9th

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
They are tighter and more technical than the public trails. But they are also a lot shorter and smaller area.

Exactly.. They are very tight and while it may not have mileage, the obstacles are a lot closer together than on the public trails.
I always enjoy going out there. Add some rain and it gets pretty difficult!

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
If it rains, expect plenty of recovery. Especially on Rattlesnake and Winch Hill - which is off camber (passenger side down). We spend 3-4 days on that property with 6 trucks and/or handful of MRZRs, 6x6s, etc. Air down to about 12-15psi and you'll be happier.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Looking like rain during the day on Friday. This will be fun for the morning ride with just a few trucks. Max has got the deflators set for 8 psi

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Don't go messing with my sweet 2001 Trooper at Big Creek. Or for that matter my other trucks at the "Training Center". Feel feel to roll Timmy's old white DI though. Hell maybe I'll come down just to harass you aholes on my KTM or Bundera.

I was at Big Creek today scouting what trails we will be riding.. That Trooper is PIMPtastic!! haha

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
I was at Big Creek today scouting what trails we will be riding.. That Trooper is PIMPtastic!! haha

Yeah it's pretty sweet. It has heated seats, a HUGE moon roof, "automatic" 4wd and a V6. Not sure how much nicer it could be. Pretty sure a black light would light that thing up. Even with bald tires the little beast made it down a few trails for some night time training scenarios.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Not even close

thats ridiculous....i mean, don't get me wrong, I am glad the trails that are there are available for us to use. I just wish they wouldn't "tease" us with a new trail and then let it take several years to complete. just get a freakin' bobcat and make the trail already. Hell ... i will do it if they provide the bobcat!

Buddy

Nov 6, 2006
Central NC
thats ridiculous....i mean, don't get me wrong, I am glad the trails that are there are available for us to use. I just wish they wouldn't "tease" us with a new trail and then let it take several years to complete. just get a freakin' bobcat and make the trail already. Hell ... i will do it if they provide the bobcat!

I guess the next time you're out there for a volunteer day or going to one of the annual meetings you can offer this up as a solution. It's really annoying when people who are no involved and don't understand how hard some people work to just keep the existing trails open make statements like this. At this point with all the idiots out there treating this place like it's their own thrashing place with no regard for preservation or maintenance. We are just lucky there are still any trails to use yet be able to expand them.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
I guess the next time you're out there for a volunteer day or going to one of the annual meetings you can offer this up as a solution. It's really annoying when people who are no involved and don't understand how hard some people work to just keep the existing trails open make statements like this. At this point with all the idiots out there treating this place like it's their own thrashing place with no regard for preservation or maintenance. We are just lucky there are still any trails to use yet be able to expand them.

Dude... I live 7 hours away. Believe me.... if I lived closer I would help a lot. I know people work hard to keep the trails going. Chill out.

Buddy

Nov 6, 2006
Central NC
Chill out.

Hmm, maybe you should chill out. Let's look at how you started your response.

thats ridiculous....

I find a lot of things ridiculous. The fact that we are struggling to keep trails open is not one of those. But I do find ridiculous is how people come to a public park pay $5 and think they own the place and can tear it up, knock down barriers and create by passes at will. Then they bitch about trails being closed and no new trails being open.

I'm not saying you or your friends have done any of those things. But your statement above indicates that you don't understand the amount of effort that goes into just maintaining the trails yet along opening a new one. How are they supposed to open up a new one when there is not enough money or man power to simply maintain what is already open.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Hmm, maybe you should chill out. Let's look at how you started your response.

I find a lot of things ridiculous. The fact that we are struggling to keep trails open is not one of those. But I do find ridiculous is how people come to a public park pay $5 and think they own the place and can tear it up, knock down barriers and create by passes at will. Then they bitch about trails being closed and no new trails being open.

I'm not saying you or your friends have done any of those things. But your statement above indicates that you don't understand the amount of effort that goes into just maintaining the trails yet along opening a new one. How are they supposed to open up a new one when there is not enough money or man power to simply maintain what is already open.

Man... my bad. I didn't mean to cause a stink. I respect the land I wheel on... I tread lightly... and I pack out more than I went in with. I apologize, maybe we can hang out around the fire!