2005 LR nav screen is scrambled.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
Recommend removing the nav unit in the rear of the vehicle and cleaning/verifying the connections (particularly as related to the signal sent to the headunit). The digitizer is obviously still working, but it seems the analog signal for the display is being interrupted.

What's the location of those D2 videos from 3 weeks ago on your Youtube channel?

yubert

Jul 30, 2006
SoCal
www.yubert.com
Thanks, when you say "rear", are you referring to the nav unit under the driver's seat?

The D2 videos are from the Big Bear area. Clipo008, Clip0010 and 00041 are Dishpan Springs, which exits at Crabflats camp ground. The Pontiac Sluice video is also in the Big Bear area, east of Baldwin Lake.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
If the seats have been out of the truck recently you might want to make sure the nav harness isn't trapped under a bracket. Ever see a message on the screen saying " nav not available" ?

yubert

Jul 30, 2006
SoCal
www.yubert.com
If the seats have been out of the truck recently you might want to make sure the nav harness isn't trapped under a bracket. Ever see a message on the screen saying " nav not available" ?

Thanks, that could be it! I haven't removed the seats but stuff has rolled under there and then the seats moved back and forth. And about 2-3 months ago, I see the message "Nav not fitted..." which is annoying but I don't use the LR nav so I wasn't worried about it.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
That message tells you the touch screen is probably ok and the problem is the nav module under drivers seat or that harness is trapped. It's actually the center console bracket more often than the seat.

yubert

Jul 30, 2006
SoCal
www.yubert.com
That message tells you the touch screen is probably ok and the problem is the nav module under drivers seat or that harness is trapped. It's actually the center console bracket more often than the seat.

Thanks! I'll check that out. I bought the LR3 2.5 years ago and the previous owner installed a Parrot bluetooth adapter and routed the USB and Apple connectors through the center console so I'll check the center console as well.