Question of torque specs for LR3 front wheel hub bolts?

yubert

Jul 30, 2006
SoCal
www.yubert.com
I need to replace the wheel hub/bearing on my LR3 and want to confirm the torque setting. I Googled it and saw a site mentioned the "hub nut" is 230 nm which is 170 ft. lbs. So is the "hub nut" referring to the 4 bolts that attached the wheel hub to the axle? I ask because to me, those are bolts, not nuts.

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
The hub nut is the large nut, 32mm or so. If yours has never been off, it may be on at 250ft/lbs, so it's a bitch to loosen.

Your replacement hub should've come with a new nut. If not, sometimes Autozone has them in the local stores.

yubert

Jul 30, 2006
SoCal
www.yubert.com
The hub nut is the large nut, 32mm or so. If yours has never been off, it may be on at 250ft/lbs, so it's a bitch to loosen.

Your replacement hub should've come with a new nut. If not, sometimes Autozone has them in the local stores.

Thanks. I recently replaced that 32mm nut when I replaced my upper and lower bushings with poly bushings. I recall that nut is "hand tightened" and held in place with a notch, using a punch or chisel.

But there's 4 bolts that attach the hub to the axle housing, do you know the torque settings for those bolts?