D2 Td5 battery light staying on

JohnnoK

Mar 19, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
So, hamfistedness struck me and I broke the positive post off the alternator trying to loosen the wire to remove the alternator....:ack: cue lots of swearing at myself, etc..

I now have a new rectifier pack fitted to fix the broken post and a new voltage regulator to fix the one that failed after an "auto electrician" tested it for me... and now the battery light is staying on..:banghead:

According to my Nanocom, the battery at rest is 12.6 volts and at idle is just over 14 volts, so I am comfortable that the alternator is charging correctly, except for the light staying on. The light goes off when the ignition is switched to OFF.
Per the wiring diagram in RAVE, I have checked fuses 24 and 27 in the passenger compartment and they are intact.

Any ideas, please?

JohnnoK

Mar 19, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
So, I was supplied the incorrect P/N regulator... the one supplied was for a Toyota Land Cruiser and it needs a Battery + feed to the regulator to allow the light to turn off.
I managed to find the new Denso part number for the previously superseded regulator and the idiot light is now a thing of the past.