ATL area help!

NashvilleDisco

Dec 1, 2011
Canton, GA
Is there anyone here in the Atlanta area? I have a 2003 Disco and I have a slow coolant leak. I have changed the coolant hoses and still have the leak. I believe it may be leaking on the two transmission cooler lines but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated!!

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I'm in Atlanta but down a truck, myself.

Let's hit the basics. Hose clamps tight? How fast are you losing coolant? Is it pooling somewhere or cooking off?

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
The first things I would suspect would be either the throttle body heater gasket or the head gaskets. Both can leak down the back of the block and onto the transmission lines. Where on the transmission lines do you see it?

NashvilleDisco

Dec 1, 2011
Canton, GA
I'm in Atlanta but down a truck, myself.

Let's hit the basics. Hose clamps tight? How fast are you losing coolant? Is it pooling somewhere or cooking off?

Yes they are tight. I replaced the coolant hoses. What are the two lines running by the transmission? I assume those are the transmission cooler lines. From what I see one runs from the thermostat and that is the one I suspect is leaking.Would one of those lines leak coolant even being a transmission cooler line? It is pooling. I am losing it at a pretty brisk pace.

mearstrae

Mar 15, 2017
Pennsylvania
The transmission cooler lines contain trans fluid not anti-freeze. Get a coolant system pressure test, and/or a coolant exhaust gas test.

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
A picture is worth 1,000 words. It is difficult to fully understand where you are observing external leakage of coolant.

NashvilleDisco

Dec 1, 2011
Canton, GA
Well come to find out it was the head gaskets. In the process of getting all of that repaired and new plugs and oil change. Thank you guys for all of the info. I really appreciate it.