A simple DWEB Observation...

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
The RV8 is by no means good but I'm not sure its worth it to dump $$$ into making the switch to another engine. Given how cheap you can pick up RV8 parts for I plan to build up a 4.6 to drop in whenever mine eventually blows up. I would probably be more optimistic if mine just hadn't shut itself off while rolling along at 70 mph (crank sensor shit itself) leaving me stranded on the side of the I-75 in Atlanta.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
It's pretty simple, Peter! The Land Rover 4.6L V8 is a piece of shit.
I think it could use some clarification.
An early P38A 4.6 is pretty decent.
A late D2 4.6 is likely a POS.
The difference is in the number and quality of engine blocks produced at any given year/month, and P38A's cooling system seems to have been easier on engines than D2's.

chrisvonc

Mar 26, 2004
Central Va.
www.discoweb.org
I wanted the DVDs featured in the header for around 10 years.
I have a set... somewhere. I'll sell them to you for $845.00
They are collectors items. I've even toss in a set of original fist run DWeb stickers. Not those nice coated durable bullshit ones.. these are the limited ones that disintegrate in 3 days of constant sun.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
They are collectors items. I've even toss in a set of original fist run DWeb stickers. Not those nice coated durable bullshit ones.. these are the limited ones that disintegrate in 3 days of constant sun.
I need to take a couple of tapes from PaulK to Costco and make them into DvDs. That's some old DWeb shit.

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
It's that google juice. The site has been around for so long that when people search their symptoms on google, a lot of dweb threads show up

Google juice? I thought that's what squirts out when you yank the butt beads out too fast...,like you're trying to start a flooded lawn mower.

az_max

Apr 22, 2005

You know that's $345 more than I paid for my Rover, right? ;)

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I need to message Axel. When I took over the site, he sent me all of the stickers. He also offered to send the DWeb videos and other merch but I forgot to ask him about it. I would love to encode them and host them here on the site for free.

honda50r

Jul 10, 2011
East Tennessee
I need to message Axel. When I took over the site, he sent me all of the stickers. He also offered to send the DWeb videos and other merch but I forgot to ask him about it. I would love to encode them and host them here on the site for free.

I would rep a DiscoWeb sticker on my Tacoma. No shame

chrisvonc

Mar 26, 2004
Central Va.
www.discoweb.org
He still has my original tapes from the last trip we all did together. I never even got to see all the footage I shot before I sent them all to him. I seem to remember we had the makings of a good Moab2 dvd

ukoffroad

Jan 13, 2010
Lynchburg, Va
Uwharrie events have held pretty well but MAR is around 100-125 from a high of maybe 400? Who tries wheeling a 5 year old Range Rover sport? My first was a 99 DII in 01 and took it to Pearls Pond.

Jeep and Toyota attract those folks now..

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Discoweb is like that one college memory that keeps popping up in your subconscious. I lurk occasionally. Recognize a lot of the names. Drive a Honda daily but still run the DI around for errands. Can't bear to sell or part any of the three we own.

nosivad_bor

Mar 27, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Since I sold off my disco I've been enjoying the new found income that has resulted, it has to be something like $300 per month in insurance, fuel and maintenance cost I'm now avoiding.

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
It's like herpes. Can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try. Even sold the damn truck, still came back to me. And I can't quit you either Discoweb.

C Ross

Aug 24, 2004
Oklahoma
Discoweb is like that one college memory that keeps popping up in your subconscious. I lurk occasionally. Recognize a lot of the names.

This^, I find myself missing the "Rover experience", so I can troll here and have it without the headache.