03' Disco oil leak rear cylinders

dfussell

Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello all,
I have an 03' disco that looks like oil is seeping from rear two cylinder heads just under the head on the aft two cylinders only. (driver and pax side) At this point the engine is clean and the oil seep is clearly visable/cooking on the block as it runs down.
This is a replacement engine that was gone through and had new gasket package throughout. It has about 115,000 miles on it and i've put 3,500 on it in the last few months. I understand these engines are prone to leak but its so annoying, drip pan, cardboard etc to keep the mess contained.

My oil use is roughly 1/2 a quart every 300 miles or so. Fyi i am getting about 13.5 MPG with plenty of power.

advice?

Thanks

dfussell

Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello all,
2nd post about this oil leak from aft 2 cylinders underneath heads. I've been reading and researching on many forums...could it be the Valley Pan Gasket is leaking, not the heads after all?

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Dave
03' disco,

Many thanks,

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Yes it could be. That and valve cover gaskets. Best thing to do is put dye in the engine oil and drive it a little bit. Then you put a black light on the area and it will be easier to tell whats leaking. I would think you could pick up a black light kit cheap on amazon. Should come with some yellow glasses to help make the dye more evident.